• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Pokemon- The Rise of Darkrai Dub. DVD

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ari-chan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:01 pm Reply with quote
I really liked this movie definitly a step up from the 9th. I got back into the anime a few years ago and am a fan of the series more than ever. I've found a way to tolerate the new voices (Ash takes especially getting used to), so they don't hinder my enjoyment to much. The only part Ash really annoyed me with was after he climbed up the stairs for the first time, and that's only because I really loved him being completely out of breath like he was going to die sounding in the Japanese version.

Dub Opening wasn't that great, but it definitly could have been worse. We could have had the actual dub opening remix from Diamond and Pearl. Ending was suprisingly good except for the very last song.
Tigergal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:07 pm Reply with quote
[/quote]I can't enjoy this franchise anymore. Simply can't. The new dub killed it for me, and I can never like it. I turn the show on and I might even find what they're doing interesting, and yet I can't enjoy it because Ash opens his mouth and sounds horrible, even now.[/quote]

Laughing Well said britannicamoore!Wink

Yeah Pokemon USA did ruin the Dub cast!Evil or Very Mad but that wont stop me from seeing this movie since I'm still a huge Pokemon fan:D (No matter age:oops: )

Ill just buy the dvd in Spanish then since I know spanish and my mom owns a region free dvd player from chrismas Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2