• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Claymore GN 12

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:07 am Reply with quote
Not to nitpick, but if the story got a B+, and the art an A-, shouldn't the overall be an A? Razz

I'm a Claymore fanboy, by the way. Wait, you already guessed that? How could you tell?

It's nice to see the series' volumes get some more reviews now, and fairly positive ones at that. Hopefully they will convince more people who may have dismissed the series based on the first volume to give Claymore a second shot. Not that I found the first volume bad; I thought it was quite good, actually, but even I can understand why people might assume Claymore was a basic "monster of the week (err.. month)" series based on it.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:12 am Reply with quote
Theron Martin wrote:
Could use a cast summary of some sort.

At this point though, I don't think it would really fit if we tried to have it like that. Now that there are so many different Claymores we wouldn't know who to summarize.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:31 am Reply with quote
What I'd dearly like to see them do in one of these volumes is devote a few pages to listing all of the Claymores that have been used to date with their picture, past/present rank, and symbol. The former two you can find on Wikipedia (or, for ones that appeared in the anime, on my Claymore Web site), but I've been unable to definitively pair a symbol with a name in about half of the cases, especially for less prominent Pieta arc Claymores.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jedi General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:20 am Reply with quote
Mad_Scientist wrote:
Not to nitpick, but if the story got a B+, and the art an A-, shouldn't the overall be an A? Razz

Obviously the story carries a lot more weight than the artistry in Theron's opinion. Razz

Given the long wait between volumes, I was a bit disappointed in this volume. It was basically a transition volume, and I'm not too keen on Clarice just yet. Still, you can't deny there were certainly some interesting things that took place. Especially the spoiler[turn of events involving Riful]. Now I have to wait until November for volume 13. *sigh*

Key wrote:
What I'd dearly like to see them do in one of these volumes is devote a few pages to listing all of the Claymores that have been used to date with their picture, past/present rank, and symbol.

Yes!! That would be most helpful if they did that. The ranking especially. That's certainly the toughest aspect to follow in this series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1