• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Man Arrested for Threatening Nana Mizuki Online

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:07 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Lastly, as you may have noticed, there is debate as to whether or not he is guilty of the crime of threatening to kill. Different countries have different laws and interpretations (for example, the American and New Zealand legal definitions of "reasonable doubt" differ from one another). Still, I hardly think he deserves the book being thrown at him, even if he is indeed guilty under Japanese law.

Well, that would be pretty easy to decide over here. All you have to do is walk into an airport and yell out "BOMB!" and they'll be throwing the book at you for whatever charges they have set up for that.
MugenKeiji

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Wow.

I wish certain English dub actors (save for Jason Griffith) had that kind of justice on their side.

And a Jack McCoy-esque attorney to make sure the punks get what they deserve.
Mika20

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:33 pm Reply with quote
My God.
People are just sick, especially this person who thinks it's funny.

I do hope and pray that Nana will be ok. She's such an wonderful singer and actress. When reading the article on her quote, I can't help but feel so bad and hope that she will be safe and blessed.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:16 pm Reply with quote
I feel so bad for nana mizuki she's one of my favorite japanese seiyu and it's terrible to see these crazy people acting this way though he probably did just want some attention. I hope they catch this guy. He probably picked her because she's pretty well known. Maybe because she is typecast into a quiet girl who needs protection role and so even if she's not really that way it seems that way. insetad of yuko goto who even though she plays moe characters is a known as completely different.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:51 am Reply with quote
You guys are terrible, awful people
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3