• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto Shippuden Kizuna Movie's Trailer Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:17 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
Well, I thought the Gaara arc was handled decently (episode 26 FTW), but yeah, the spoiler[Sasuke/Sai] arc was at DBZ-level pacing (in other words, REALLY slow). But once this filler arc is done, the pacing should get back to good, since the anime is currently over 90 chapters behind the manga (including Kakashi Gaiden, which I hope will be animated soon), not to mention Kishimoto has said his goal is about 500 chapters, so the manga only has about 95 left to go probably.

Heh, 26 episodes, I wish..... (it was actually handled in 32, btw Anime smile + sweatdrop ) And even then, it was about as long as the hidden mist village arc, wansn't it? And that was 19.... So yeah, not handled very well at all if you ask me. Wink Although I will give it to you that there were some episodes in not only that arc but the Sasuke/Sai arc as well that were handled quite Excellently, I'll give you at least that. It's just the rest that were handled horribly is all......

But yeah, I think you're right, it should get back to pretty good pacing after the filler arc is over. In fact I'm starting to believe that was the initial purpose of the filler in the first place, to make it so it won't have to keep going at this glacial pace any more.

Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Despite the concrete fact of knowing they are best friends, the image for the movie made them both look like they were very close for some reason.

I don't know, it just doesn't seem like it should surprise anyone AT ALL that this movie preview depicts Naruto and Sasuke as "close" on any level, except be it as a "hey, this movie is about Naruto and Sasuke! That's unexpected for a Naruto movie....." type of reaction. I mean, it's been made VERY obviously clear all the way up to this point in the series just how close a bond they have. But then again I couldn't see the video for some reason, so I wouldn't know. Anime smile + sweatdrop
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:03 pm Reply with quote
BrothersElric wrote:
doctordoom85 wrote:
Well, I thought the Gaara arc was handled decently (episode 26 FTW), but yeah, the spoiler[Sasuke/Sai] arc was at DBZ-level pacing (in other words, REALLY slow). But once this filler arc is done, the pacing should get back to good, since the anime is currently over 90 chapters behind the manga (including Kakashi Gaiden, which I hope will be animated soon), not to mention Kishimoto has said his goal is about 500 chapters, so the manga only has about 95 left to go probably.

Heh, 26 episodes, I wish..... (it was actually handled in 32, btw Anime smile + sweatdrop ) And even then, it was about as long as the hidden mist village arc, wansn't it? And that was 19.... So yeah, not handled very well at all if you ask me. Wink Although I will give it to you that there were some episodes in not only that arc but the Sasuke/Sai arc as well that were handled quite Excellently, I'll give you at least that. It's just the rest that were handled horribly is all......

No, no, I meant the 26th episode FTW. You know, the one where spoiler[the final 7 minutes suddenly raised the animation budget and went completely "massive war" style with Chiyo's 10 puppets and Sakura taking on Sasori's 100 puppet army. Easily one of the best Naruto fights ever.]
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:31 am Reply with quote
Does the text that says April 19th mean that's when it goes on DVD?
Gunslinger_Guy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Kimyo wrote:
Very Happy

Naruto x Sasuke! Awesome!

Laughing

i need a naruto movie without sasuke in it because they are always having him in an episode, manga, or movie. ALWAYS HAS A SCENE WITH SASUKE! I HATE IT!!!!!!
Watashi wa Ryuzaki

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:53 pm Reply with quote
This movie is just being made in order to attract all of the fan boys and girls that drool over Sasuke. It's a filler film, and totally irrelevant to the essential story of Shippuden.
Watashi wa Ryuzaki

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:53 pm Reply with quote
This movie is just being made in order to attract all of the fan boys and girls that drool over Sasuke. It's a filler film, and totally irrelevant to the essential story of Shippuden.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Gunslinger_Guy wrote:
Kimyo wrote:
Very Happy

Naruto x Sasuke! Awesome!

Laughing

i need a naruto movie without sasuke in it because they are always having him in an episode, manga, or movie. ALWAYS HAS A SCENE WITH SASUKE! I HATE IT!!!!!!

You realize Sasuke has only appeared in 2 of the 5 Naruto movies so far (counting this one), and has only appeared in 4 or so episodes of the entirety of Naruto Shippuden so far? Not to mention was absent for the majority of the last two arcs of Part 1.

For the 2nd main character, Sasuke is actually pretty under-used. But now they're focusing more on him in the manga, and the fanbase is in an uproar. Sheesh.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:57 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
No, no, I meant the 26th episode FTW. You know, the one where spoiler[the final 7 minutes suddenly raised the animation budget and went completely "massive war" style with Chiyo's 10 puppets and Sakura taking on Sasori's 100 puppet army. Easily one of the best Naruto fights ever.]

Oh heh heh, forgive my misunderstanding then. Anime smile + sweatdrop Yeah, that was indeed an awesome episode. Cool

Quote:
For the 2nd main character, Sasuke is actually pretty under-used. But now they're focusing more on him in the manga, and the fanbase is in an uproar. Sheesh.

Well I don't know if I'd say he's that underused, but yeah, no kidding......... Rolling Eyes I still to this day and probably never will understand why people actually think Sasuke's more of a main character than Naruto. Rolling Eyes I mean yeah, pretty much the only reason why he got so much focus in that last arc is because he's barely had any focus at all in part 2 up until that point. Nothing more, nothing less.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2