• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Gundam 00 Site Updates with 2nd Season Details

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shippoyasha

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:13 am Reply with quote
Setsuna is BACK, baby! I can't wait. I hope Sci-Fi will show it consecutively after 00 is run.
midori kou

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:34 am Reply with quote
I'm quite surprised to see Lockon still listed for 2nd Season. Spoilers much? If anybody is curious about what it says in his character profile on the site, here it is.

"A member of Celestial Being, pilot of the shooting type Keldim Gundam. With a halo, he goes into battle."
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:51 am Reply with quote
midori kou wrote:
I'm quite surprised to see Lockon still listed for 2nd Season. Spoilers much? If anybody is curious about what it says in his character profile on the site, here it is.

"A member of Celestial Being, pilot of the shooting type Keldim Gundam. With a halo, he goes into battle."

That's good news if it's true (I thought he was the best character in the show). However I guess this means the series is more forgiving than we were meant to believe. I feel like it's Mwu La Flaga all over again minus the mask. Also, with the new designs does anyone else feel that all they thought was "let's just make em more pointy"?
Kenji_Ikari

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:16 pm Reply with quote
midori kou wrote:

Probably his twin brother. :p
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bahamut623

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:30 pm Reply with quote
What happened to Tieria's new hairstyle that we saw in the finale? I thought the new hairstyle was some sort of tribute to spoiler[Lockon] but he doesn't seem to have it here. I thought everyone would have had slightly bigger changes to their appearance.

Either way, I'm so excited for the second season. The finale was incredible and it feels like the next season is going to be an entirely different show.

edit: I was reading on another forum...yea he does have a twin brother. Andspoiler[ Lockon is just a code name which makes it more possible. Didn't he lose an eye also?...so it can't be him (the original Lockon)]
Eos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:58 pm Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:
What happened to Tieria's new hairstyle that we saw in the finale? I thought the new hairstyle was some sort of tribute to spoiler[Lockon] but he doesn't seem to have it here. I thought everyone would have had slightly bigger changes to their appearance.

That's actually a new character, Regene. So looking forward to season two.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:59 pm Reply with quote
The "Arrows" group sounds like the Titans from Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam. I hope it comes complete with the show's own Jerid, Patrick.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Efscope

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:53 pm Reply with quote
midori kou wrote:

of course it Lockon's twin bro, who else would it be, I am just looking forward Louise piloting Gundam Throne Drei and almost killing Nena, but being stopped Saji and Setsuna who work together/become friends kinda eventually, Saji's gonna be badass in season 2!
Shippoyasha

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:30 am Reply with quote
I would not be surprised if the new Lockon is someone else entirely. Like others have said, it's only a code name. Nothing more.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:49 am Reply with quote
Wow... I've never seen so many unmarked spoilers. Go back and edit your posts!

Anyway, spoiler[When I re-watched the first season, Lockon's brother really stood out to me. AND he was seen in season 1's ending. There's no doubt in my mind.]

But I have to say... not too crazy about the Mobile Suit designs. I thought the original four were awesome (with the possible exception of Kyrios), but these four just look too armored. They lose some of their personality, if that can be said.
BladeDragoonZETA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:23 am Reply with quote
here are the correct translations

Nite: while these may be spoilers I am not going to tag them becuase it would only prove cumbersome ; you have been warned

gunota wrote:
Story:
"2312 A.D.

4 years since the final battle between Celestial Being and the UN Forces. Humanity, having established the Earth Sphere Federation, forms an independent security preservation force, Arrows, separate from the formal Federation army to further unify nations and the will of mankind. But the reality was the inhumane oppression of anti-government powers, doctrines & ideologies in the name of unity.

Saji Crossroad, who followed the path to becoming a space engineer to keep a promise to Louise Halevy and fulfill a dream, is also compelled to become involved in Federation government reform.

Meanwhile, Setsuna F. Seiei, surviving the final battle 4 years ago, saw the future of the world that had been changed by Celestial Being. With the defeat of guardian Alejandro Corner, he dreamed of a peaceful world without conflict. But before his own eyes was the reality of the continuing strain on peace, the oppression caused by Arrows. He decides once more to fight with Gundam, the power with the potential to change the world.

Where will Setsuna's and Saji's paths take them as the world is set into motion once more?"

Tagline (in contrast to the first season tagline "Rebirth begins through destruction"): "(We will) destroy the rebirth"

Characters:
Setsuna F. Seiei
"21-years-old. A fated child soldier from the Middle East's Republic of Krugis. Saved by the 0 Gundam during that time and became a Gundam Meister with Celestial Being. 4 years after the battle with allied forces, what does he think of as he looks at the world newly unified by the Earth Sphere Federation...?"

Lockon Stratos
"29-years-old. A member of Celestial Being and pilot of the marksman-type Keldim Gundam. Heads into battle with Haro."

Allelujah Haptism
"24-years-old. From the HRL's Superhuman Institute and pilot of the retired Gundam Kyrios. Went missing after the fierce battle with allied forces 4 years ago. He seems to have had a past with super soldier Soma Peries from the same Superhuman Institute..."

Tieria Erde
"Age unknown. Injured in the decisive final battle with allied forces 4 years ago, he was rescued by Celestial Being and did his best in their reconstruction. While he once followed Veda's judgment absolutely, he now looks for the meaning in combat through his own decisions."

Mecha:
GN-0000 00 Gundam
Pilot: Setsuna F. Seiei
"Gundam Exia's successor unit. Its greatest feature is its 2 GN Drives equipped on the shoulders. This allows it to boast particle emisson volumes surpassing all other units."

Keldim Gundam
Pilot: Lockon Stratos
"Gundam Dynames' successor unit. It also supports sniper combat to reflect the characteristics of its pilot."

Arios Gundam
Pilot: Allelujah Haptism
"Gundam Kyrios' successor unit. Similar to the Kyrios, it has the ability to transform. It can be said that it's suited for high-speed movement."

Selavii Gundam
Pilot: Tieria Erde
"Gundam Virtue's successor unit. A heavy armament model similar to the Virtue. Equipped with GN cannons on both shoulders that boast greater firepower than the Virtue. "
Effect

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:27 am Reply with quote
midori kou wrote:

Remember. The gundam pilots name's are code names. So they could easily be used by other people.
imperative7

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:47 pm Reply with quote
These previews don't tell us anything at all. There has to be more to this since if these previews are correct, it would be as if the last episodes of the first season meant nothing and had no value at all. The show might as well say that the entire first season was a dream like out of Dallas. If all of the characters came back as if nothing happened and their machines are just like the machines from the first season than there was no point in having the show stop and wait 6 months at all. I hope that we get more info soon otherwise Gundam 00 may turn out to be a show with a lot of potential that it never lived up to and I can't believe that could happen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1