• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Third Black Lagoon Anime Project Confirmed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Awesome news. Though I thought season two wrapped it up nicely, even if there was way more manga. It brought Rock's character full circle. Hopefully, now that he's accepted his place, more fleshing out of the rest of the characters will be nice.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
mparx66

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:53 am Reply with quote
This is tremendous news!!!! This series caused me to feel the power and joy of anime as if I had just discovered this genre of entertainment all over again. The time, care and talent brought to this creation by Rei Hiroe were definately on exhibit with the showing of the first two seasons. I can't wait for the Companies return!!! I wonder if they are accepting applications?

Mark
Rolando_jose

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:06 am Reply with quote
youngavatar wrote:
im glade to hear that their a third season coming. but didn't the first two season of the anime cover like 7 volume of the manga. so what what the anime going to based? on since it follow the manga almost word for word.

Not really, If remember correctly BL second barrage went out a little earlier or almost at the same time that the tome 006. So it can cover a lot of subjects, like the adventures of Roberta in Venezuela and Colombia.

Rolando
youngavatar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:46 am Reply with quote
Rolando_jose wrote:
youngavatar wrote:
im glade to hear that their a third season coming. but didn't the first two season of the anime cover like 7 volume of the manga. so what what the anime going to based? on since it follow the manga almost word for word.

Not really, If remember correctly BL second barrage went out a little earlier or almost at the same time that the tome 006. So it can cover a lot of subjects, like the adventures of Roberta in Venezuela and Colombia.

Rolando

isn't that the chapter in volume 8 when roberta goes back to roanapaur? that like 4 episode in anime form. they cant really make a season based on volume 7 and 8 they need more material.
dewlwieldthedarpachief

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:
Kougeru wrote:
unless it was production IG, then it would be better

Don't think so. Madhouse and IG both have pretty distinctive styles. I'd much rather Madhouse keep working on the series. Of course, in the unlikely event that Production IG did animate the third season of Black Lagoon, I certainly wouldn't not watch it.

You know it seems like Production I.G. and Madhouse have a preoccupation with certain genres and content in addition to the animation they bring to the table. Ninja Scroll, Trigun, Claymore, and Black Lagoon share similar content with Blood, Evangelion, GitS, the Kill Bill flashback, and Ninja Resurrection but the tones of their respective animations are markedly different; almost like Production I.G. is a pensive sober bunch and Madhouse is chock full of raving drunks. If that's in any way true, I'd definitely entrust Black Lagoon to Madhouse.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:43 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Kruszer wrote:
Oooh Yeah! Kill 'em all baby!

Heard the rumors but it's nice to get confirmation. Now we just need to get Madhouse to make more Claymore when they're done with it.

i don't think they will make another Claymore. they pretty much put themselves in a Berserk situation with that show. were it to happen, they would have to make an entirely new storyline.

Most people in the Claymore anime thread seemed to agree it was very easily fixable to get back on track with the manga. I wouldn't worry about it.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:01 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
v1cious wrote:
Kruszer wrote:
Oooh Yeah! Kill 'em all baby!

Heard the rumors but it's nice to get confirmation. Now we just need to get Madhouse to make more Claymore when they're done with it.

i don't think they will make another Claymore. they pretty much put themselves in a Berserk situation with that show. were it to happen, they would have to make an entirely new storyline.

Most people in the Claymore anime thread seemed to agree it was very easily fixable to get back on track with the manga. I wouldn't worry about it.

On the other hand, with people knowing now where the manga for Claymore did end up going, it'll be a little trickier without retconning out the last episode or two.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Simple. In the manga (Spoilers for volumes 9-12)spoiler[Raki was captured by slaveers which they didn't mention in the anime. It's also mentioned in the manga that male slaves are taken South and girls East. Problem solved. Raki is captured and taken South, Claire and the other members of the "magnificent seven" Wink then have reason to go after him. ] It would require a little minor tweaking but the majority of events would be unchanged, spoiler[ you just need an excuse for Raki to encounter Pricilla and Isley again, which shouldn't be hard since they're already down there.]
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:01 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
best news of the day.

to celebrate, i present this excellent gem:

warning: spoilers and language.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1SUvD5fhQ68

Oh gawd why didn't I see that coming. I was wondering what kind of bad language they would come up with. I love 'Roberta's line.

"I have no need for filthy language."

Hahahaha!!! That's awesome. Thanks for sharing that.
And 'Hiroe-san', is still bouncing off the ceiling.

Oh doesn't anyone know if the manga is finished or is it still going?
plazer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:22 am Reply with quote
HM ... All are silent. Maybe someone who has information about Season 3 Lagoon ?????
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:00 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
best news of the day.

to celebrate, i present this excellent gem:

warning: spoilers and language.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1SUvD5fhQ68

Thanks for making me realize once again why I have the English Dub. Even if you did isolate the F-Word, many of the F-Bombs don't have the same effect in the scences vocalized by the VA's. Even the Bowling Lanes scene where Revy "speaks english" to that one guy doesn't have the same sadistic charisma the Japanese VA did.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:32 pm Reply with quote
I'm sorry, but the Japanese VAs (or maybe the dialouge writers) are usually terrible "English cursers" and Black Lagoon illustrates this fact (wrong words used for the wrong situations or swear words used that don't correctly convey the seriousness level). if you thought they were better than actual English cursing from the dub (which pretty much has it down to an art form), English must not be your first language. Laughing
plazer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:27 am Reply with quote
The main thing that came to the 3rd season, good companies to locate in the native language of many))
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
I'm sorry, but the Japanese VAs (or maybe the dialouge writers) are usually terrible "English cursers" and Black Lagoon illustrates this fact (wrong words used for the wrong situations or swear words used that don't correctly convey the seriousness level). if you thought they were better than actual English cursing from the dub (which pretty much has it down to an art form), English must not be your first language. Laughing

Learn to write better before accusing the other of not comprehending the English Language, I can spot at least two grammar mistakes.

Besides the point, the American dub was lacking in some areas. I'll say this again: Dutch didn't sound like he was a Veteran of Vietnam or any battle/firefight, Revy sounded much too demure, and Balalaika was too...refined.

But i'll give you one point, the Japanese sometime don't do the job better. Example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl2Ne46shlc (About 15 seconds in).

And here is the "original" Sergent Cross:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbntVWgirG0

Gee, didn't know Japanese Cross sounded like a 60 year old cop!!
plazer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:27 am Reply with quote
アニメ『ブラック・ラグーン』第3期制作決定!
アニメ『ブラック・ラグーン』の第3期制作が決定しました!詳細はGX本誌で随時お届けします。お楽しみに!
Translate:

anime Black Lagoon, in the third stage of decision-making!

Animation in the Black Lagoon agreed to a third term. NE For more information, and we GX. Enjoy!

Source: http://websunday.net/gx/gxnews/anime.html

P.S.
ЫЫЫ вот так нах Anime smallmouth
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4