• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 07-09-08

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:23 am Reply with quote
Poor Nina. She really tries.
kona-chan13

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:26 am Reply with quote
here-and-faraway wrote:
Is anyone else not seeing the comic?

i can see it.

but that sucks lol but thats why you bring friends along Wink
tidusora

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:30 am Reply with quote
Wow. I can relate.
However, I didn't end up with 0 cash, just not a lot. xD
daedelus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:35 am Reply with quote
Oh, that reminds me. I need to pre-register for ZOMG-con! Wink

It's always terrible when you find a rare gem at a con, only to lack the funds to purchase. I've been there. Poor Nina.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:54 am Reply with quote
And that's why I go to my local con (Anime Expo) and I only do it every couple of years at that.

Nice to UMD again!
Roy9076

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:54 am Reply with quote
ZOMG Con is back?! Oh s-! I gotta register!! Also, been there Nina. Hell, was like that back at AX, minus the plane, hotel and taxi.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fokkusuhaundo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:00 am Reply with quote
For a second there I didn't think the brown thing Nina was holding was her wallet but rather the UMD box set itself (yeah, I kinda overlooked the golden boxes in the 8th column) thus making her reaction to that of despair for having bought a bootleg or something.

I've never been to a con before but ZOMG Con definitely seems like it's worth a plane ticket and hotel accomodations just for the L.E. UMD box set alone.
atlanime

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:01 am Reply with quote
No $#it! The price of flying to an out-of-state con nowadays is just freakin' retarded! More cons are going to suffer because of the increased airfares and fuel prices.
Soldat of life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:07 am Reply with quote
I hope bus fares don't grow too much, as that was my way of getting to Otakon for cheap, around 16$ for ''Allô Stop'' to go to Montreal from Quebec city and then 112,50$ round trip Montreal to Baltimore, with a small taxi fee (though the taxi doubled the normal price without me noticing......evil person who took advantage of me being a tourist...). Anywho, yes, plane tickets are expensive, would have been around 600+$ for a plane ticket even paid for in advance.

I will probably not be going to a con this year, but the first and only time I went I had about 160$ of booty cash to spend and used it wisely.

Oh, best hotel price saver is when you group up with tons of people in one room, though that can lead to bad experiences if the group isn't very nice and steals everything you have, which luckily didn't happen to me Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Splitter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:21 am Reply with quote
Eighty bucks for ALL of UMD?!?!? Why... WHY did I miss ZOMG-con!!!
s3r3nity

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:36 am Reply with quote
Ouch. Reading this one hurt.
It's waaaay too true.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:51 am Reply with quote
This is why I don't go to conventions...

scratch that.

This is why I don't do anything enjoyable in my life.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:53 am Reply with quote
Yeah, this is why you go to local cons (if you're afforded that luxury) and try to stay at places for free, like a friends house. Luckily I have Megacon, Jacon, Supercon, and Metrocon all relatively close to my location.
RadicaLElly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:26 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Yeah, this is why you go to local cons (if you're afforded that luxury) and try to stay at places for free, like a friends house. Luckily I have Megacon, Jacon, Supercon, and Metrocon all relatively close to my location.

Keep in mind, we Floridians have the second most anime cons in the US after Cali. It's not always a matter of whether you can afford the luxury of attending cons as much as whether you have the luxury of a local con to attend.

Meanwhile, lucky Central Floridian. Not that I don't have a soft spot in my heart for Supercon and Yasumicon, but I can usually only afford to make it to one of the bigger FL cons a year. That's more due to Poor College Student Syndrome(TM) than anything else. Don't really know many people in Central FL I can stay with for free either. Got kinda screwed over big time once by a friend who agreed to let me stay at his house during Megacon then inexplicably retracted his offer a week before the con (luckily I hadn't pre-ordered). Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:42 am Reply with quote
That L.E. boxset is such bullshit, anyway, Nina's better off. I mean, really, dubtitles? "Special features" that are just interviews with the dub cast? And the Mop Sprite Kunushi mini plush looks almost nothing like the character itself. I expected better from Funimation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5