• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
G4 Presents: Comic-Con '08 - An Anime Fan's Guide To Comic-Con

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
testorschoice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:59 am Reply with quote
Hon'ya-chan wrote:
First they gotta stop being Spike Tv Jr. for that to happen. I mean seriously, do we need two different channels showing the SAME Star Trek Series?

Uh, G4 has stopped airing any Star Trek for some time now.
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:14 am Reply with quote
I really gotta re-up my Cable Program packages.
Primus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:28 am Reply with quote
I'm willing to guess that the 4kids dub of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's will be good (as good as 4kids can be).

I wonder if Del Ray will be mad if people ask Mashima questions about Rave Master...
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:55 am Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
I wonder if Del Ray will be mad if people ask Mashima questions about Rave Master...

Since Rave Master is published by a different manga company, they probably wouldn't be thrilled, but I doubt they would actually say anything unless it started happening non-stop. Anyway, Fairy Tail's fanbase seems to have an impressive size judging by forums I've visited, so I doubt it'll be that much of an issue.

But yeah, please don't ask him about Oda. What needs to be said? Mashima should post a sign next to him saying, "Oda is still writing One Piece, and it's still going to rock." Now if he were friends with a mangaka whose actions have been unknown for a while (Hunter x Hunter, anyone?), I could understand, but I don't see what we need to know about Oda that we don't already know from the countless interviews he's done.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Panda Man wrote:
Doctor Worm wrote:

That's a might bit nice of them.

Now excuse me for jumping to conclusions but I can't see G4 sponsoring simply to get their name out to anime fans unless... G4 has plans to bring back their anime block?

That would actually be pretty nifty when you think about it. Not only would folks have anime on Adult Swim/Toonami and Sci-Fi Channel to look forward to watching but anime on G4 as well.

I think you are correct. Because on the G4TV website, they have had the Anime Unleashed thing up there since they quit airing it. So I do believe they may be bring it back eventually.

Doesn't G4 still have the rights to RahXephon and Boogiepop Phantom and several others? I'd hard they've been sitting on the rights for years(so Adult Swim and others couldn't air them) but refusing to air their Anime Unleashed block. It doesn't help that Anime Unleashed is a holdover from TechTV, and G4 isn't very keen on airing old TechTV programs. But they have kept the rights to the anime at least, so there is hope. I'd like to see RahXephon at the least. I've noticed clips of it on G4's video section.

And for the record, I love Ninja Warrior.

Also, to get on topic, I bet Tite Kubo will be swamped with inane questions like Mashima will.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alex_Strife

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Yes, I know for sure Viz is gonna bring in the good stuff now! I bet they'll announce the licenses for Gintama, Reborn!, and maybe Vampire Knight. I would say they would do a license rescue for Tokyo Mew Mew, but that's just pushing it.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:26 pm Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
I think someone needs to ask Mashima if he has any plans of getting Fairy Tail animated. I'd like to hear his response.

Viz's handling of Kubo was less than thrilling. The questions were written on cards & they picked the questions to ask & they were pretty ordinary type questions. A comic-con official presented Kubo with one of their inkpot awards(which could actually put one's eyes out if one were careless from the pix) We go a video tour of Kubo's studio including his 2000 cds. We saw Aizen's chair. No pix allowed. When asked about Kon's inspiration, Kubo said the back-story is a father & son went to a con & the kid wanted a plushie, but dad cheaped out & bought an off-brand which the kid dumped in the street because it was ugly. There was a cosplayer of Kon who bowed his head like he was crying--so cute.

Mashima was very animated & fun & posed for pix. After Del Rey asked standard artist-type questions they were opened up to the floor where the questions were not screened beyond one guy asking a question very similar to a prior question so Del Rey stepped in & said it had basically been answered. Mashima was asked several questions about what manga-kas he knows or hangs with, but he only named a chick (My daughter has my notes to post the Kubo stuffs on her My Space.) He has 6 assistants (Kubo has 3). He draws Fairy Tail Monday-Friday & works on the Monster Hunter title on weekends. Someone asked about his using seasons as names & what was he going to do when ran out & he said actually he has, but he has the French word for Seasons in reserve for his next hero. Influence-Toriyama. Fav title-DB. (the double question asked pertained to something along this line). Someone asked if there will ever be a time when Lucy wouldn't be able to get into her house for all the people & he said it was a good idea-he might use it. He thinks of the next chapter while writing the current chapter, but he also gets writers block & is grateful for divine inspiration in the toilet. His characters are inspired by people he knows--he knows someone who likes to take off their clothes? Himself. A certain character based on himself apparently gets motion sickness-does he? No, he is afraid of heights & Airplanes, but he had a friend who got motion sickness & he said it was bad, but also funny so he used it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2