• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Licenses Baccano! Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Funi is on a roll! This is awesome news!
Forlorn Hope

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:44 pm Reply with quote
I love you FUNI. Please have my babies. Laughing

In other news, Me: YAAAAAAAY. Wallet: NOooOOOOOO.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Polly E.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:50 pm Reply with quote
One of the most fun shows I've seen in the past year, counting Gurren Lagann. Can't wait to pick it up.

Between the Geneon re-releases and rescues and other stuff I'm buying from them, Funimation is putting quite a dent in the ol' wallet.
Mmsven

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Every time I see Funimation license something good, it makes me die a little inside.
loka

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:56 pm Reply with quote
i'm not surprised it was licensed, but i never cared enough to even finish the series. unless you're a fan of the setting, there's not much to keep your interest. it's one of those you just know makes a better novel than series/movie without having read it.
vtnwesley

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Looks like a very high quality show, but man, that is violent. More violent than I really like to see. Considering they probably can't run it on TV uncut and some people might want some warning, maybe there should be a warning on the link or something?
cenorig

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:58 pm Reply with quote
One of the best shows of 2007 (second only to Gurren-Lagann) in my opinion, one of the best in years. Worth watching, worth buying. The sub is unlikely to fail, since it takes place in America and has crooks, mobsters and assasins in it's vast list of charcters, instead of moeblobs yelling uguu~ or whatnot.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Finally, a new release I might actually buy, it's been so long I forgot what it felt like. I'd buy Gurren Lagann if it weren't for Bandais handling of the release.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Andrew Cunningham

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Andrew Cunningham wrote:
Or the thirties.

To clarify, the anime takes place between 1930 and 1932.
None of it takes place in the twenties. (Maybe a flashback or two, but none of the main events.)
holybell

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Well, I haven't bought any anime DVDs of any series as of late, but this one I will probably definitely pick up. This series is so good. >__< Thank you for picking this up, Funimation! ^__^
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:39 pm Reply with quote
When I first saw this headline, I shouted "Holy crap!" Luckily no one heard me.

This just made my day. Funimation is just dominating the anime market with smart licenses. I can not wait until the end of the year and next year when I will be buying a ton of anime.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:40 pm Reply with quote
vtnwesley wrote:
Looks like a very high quality show, but man, that is violent. More violent than I really like to see. Considering they probably can't run it on TV uncut and some people might want some warning, maybe there should be a warning on the link or something?

Actually I don't think Adult Swim would have any problems showing it if it's just TV-MA level violence, outside of how unsuccessful they might fear it could be because of it's nicheness that is.

Anywas, holy crap man!!!!!!!! Anime hyper Anime hyper Anime hyper I swear I was on the verge of crying when I first saw that! Anime smile + sweatdrop I honestly thought no one was going to license this one, but MAN has Funimation just been the greatest people in the world lately! We may very well see a Mononoke lisence from them just yet!

Definitely a must buy, that's for sure.
ptrix4u2c

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! Too bad Funimation's subtitle font is so tiny and weird...
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:52 pm Reply with quote
So, I'm going through the Baccano! site on ANN, and I come across this.

WTF?

Can somebody who has seen this explain a little about episodes 14, 15, and 16? Is the show so episodic that they can just add extra episodes randomly throughout the DVD releases? Or is it that the last three are fluff and it doesn't matter where they go?
narutoismybrother

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:05 pm Reply with quote
DerekTheRed wrote:
So, I'm going through the Baccano! site on ANN, and I come across this.

WTF?

Can somebody who has seen this explain a little about episodes 14, 15, and 16? Is the show so episodic that they can just add extra episodes randomly throughout the DVD releases? Or is it that the last three are fluff and it doesn't matter where they go?

All the events that happen eventually tie together. If you watched all the episodes out of order, obviously there would be some confusion, but somehow all the episodes just mingle together. In a way it reminded me of Boogiepop, in how all the characters and plots in those episodes intersected each other.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5