Forum - View topic
Encyclopedia Suggestion List

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eviltimes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Technotise: Edit & I

I realize it's Serbian, but shouldn't there be a place for it in the Encyclopedia?
And if you haven't seen it, you should.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:36 pm Reply with quote
If it is Serbian, not Japanese, then there is no place for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:43 am Reply with quote
Obviously, this would be something for Encyclopedia vers. 2.0, but I was browsing my first posts, and I noticed a thread regarding spoilers in the cast lists, and Dan mentioned the possibility of a spoiler tag-type thing for the encyclopedia, so I just wanted to bring this up again as a suggestion.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:12 pm Reply with quote
I brought this up before in a different thread, but for Jojo: Stardust Crusaders, the band The Bangles is misspelled as "The Bangels".
DerekTheRed
SubscriberSubscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Are you also banned from submitting error reports? Because that's jst an error report issue.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:47 am Reply with quote
Derek: Thanks.
FoxgloveLove

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Recently, I've come across the term "iyashikei" in describing anime, which are also termed "healing anime"

http://tvtropes.org/​pmwiki/​pmwiki.​php/​Main/​Iyashikei

I thought this would be a good term to add to themes of these shows, since while I have not been aware of the term, I am definitely a fan of many anime which have been classified iyashikei for that specific reason (like, being aware of something before you knew what it was). While I followed this list on the link above, I've only added it to shows which I myself have watched and believe fit in with this categorization.

The main reason for this post, however, is I had a question concerning demographic labels. That is, while I was looking through shows that were iyashikei, I thought adding 'seinen' as a theme would be good as well, since adding themes allows you to organize them easily into a list. However, when I tried to add it, it came up with the message that 'seinen' was a demographic and not a theme.

While I agree with this division in terminology, it does not seem that there is any other way to categorize anime or manga by demographic. Is there any way to change this, either by allowing people to add demographics to the list of themes or adding a demographic label separately to encyclopedia entries? That's all, thanks
dario.alluevarodriguez

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:19 pm Reply with quote
anime#6
Not anime.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:04 pm Reply with quote
dario.alluevarodriguez wrote:
anime#6
Not anime.

Bienvenido, amigo! Very Happy The Encyclopedia contains many non-anime titles that are adapted to/from anime or related otherwise, especially if our news and editorial teams find a non-anime title fit to be reported and/or reviewed, respectively.

I'd like to thank you for raising my attention to a page full of error reports. Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
KazeWind

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:27 pm Reply with quote
I don't use the forums much. Is this the place I should post about watching an anime that isn't in the encyclopedia?

It's the first time it's happened and coincidentally the last two shows I've watched I can't find. I really like keeping track of what I've seen.

The shows are:
Plastic Nee-san
Turning Girls
Calathan
SubscriberSubscriber

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:40 am Reply with quote
KazeWind, if you can't find an anime in the encyclopedia, you should go to the submission page and submit it if no one else has submitted it yet (that page is found in the encyclopedia tab by clicking "more" and then clicking "submitted anime"). However, Plastic Nee-san is in the encyclopedia already under the name +Tic Elder Sister.

It looks like someone else has submitted Turning Girls, but it hasn't been added yet. It can take a very long time for anime to be added (some things I've submitted have been waiting for years), so unless someone sees your post and just decides to add it, it might be a long time until it is added.
KazeWind

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Calathan! I didn't know there was an alternative name to nee-san, it tired to find it, but didn't have ay luck.

Why does it take so long? Is there not a lot of people running this site?

Edit: I watched another Anime hyper, I gotta start wathing some more popular anime.
it's called: Mou Hitotsu no Mirai wo
if you know of an alternative title please let me know.
Calathan
SubscriberSubscriber

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:13 pm Reply with quote
KazeWind, it looks like Mou Hitotsu no Mirai wo has also been submitted but not yet added.

For why it takes so long for things to be added, I think it is just that there are lots of tasks to be done and not enough staff members to do all of them. Dan, the Chief Encyclopedist, is working on a new version of the encyclopedia that might help things get added more easily (though I'm not sure how exactly).
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:58 pm Reply with quote
So, an idea I just had, but is there any way down by the news and review and such links, we can get links to the discussion threads for series? There's a directory, but it would be nice if people could go from an encyclopedia page to the discussion thread.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 17 of 17