• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
OP/ED Songs

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Path

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 8:25 am Reply with quote
I'm noticing there are some titles where they list the singers of the OP/ED in the staff members section (Pokemon is a good example). Is there any way to be able to add in which OP/ED where done by which person? Thanks!
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 1:59 pm Reply with quote
It's a very strange coincidence that you're asking this, because I just recently added "Theme Music" as a type of information that you can add to an anime. Please check it out and tell me if the instructions are clear enough (or if they're downright confusing)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Path

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 11:39 pm Reply with quote
It's not too terribly confusing. I can't seem to find a way to add a song title without the singer though. I have alot of song titles I can add, but I don't trust myself with name kanji at all. Is there anyway for you to make it so that you can add the title and such without the singer, and have someone else fill it in if they know? Thanks Very Happy
The Spatula

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 9:02 am Reply with quote
Path wrote:

It's not too terribly confusing. I can't seem to find a way to add a song title without the singer though. I have alot of song titles I can add, but I don't trust myself with name kanji at all. Is there anyway for you to make it so that you can add the title and such without the singer, and have someone else fill it in if they know? Thanks Very Happy

That's not so hard, you can find out a lot of info over at www.animelyrics.com - names of singers are usually listed.

I did notice when I tried to enter the following information for the OP for Aa! Megamisama, "OP: "My Heart iidasenai, Your Heart tashikametai" by Yumi Touma, Kikuko Inoue, and Aya Hisakawa" the part in bold didn't make it because I couldn't enter anything more. I suppose I could've put "Urd, Belldandy, and Skuld" but I wanted to have detail. I just hope that the information doesn't run over again... what do you think of this?
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 12:54 am Reply with quote
Hmmm, I never considered that a theme song could be credited with many names (although it seems so obvious now Rolling Eyes) so I thought that 80 characters was plenty. But it seems not... I've increased the size of the input field from 80 to 100 characters, and if that doesn't suffice I'll just increase it again in the future.

As for entering the name of a song without the performer... I'm a bit reluctant. I mean, it's definitely better to have the song title than to have nothing, but chances are that a song without a performer would stay that way. The Encyclopedia simply isn't built in a way that allows one user to change the information entered by another. The only way to do that would be to submit an error report, and I really doubt that people will think about doing that to submit the performer(s). It's the same thing for shows that have multiple OPs or EDs. The number of the episodes in which the theme was used is a required information, for the exact same reason.

If you really want to add the theme, and you really don't know the performer's name, maybe we can come to a compromise by using something like:
- OP: "name of the song" by ???
Maybe the "???" would incite people to submit an error report if they know the correct information. Still, it's not a very elegant solution.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1