• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: April Fools!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:28 pm Reply with quote
What the? Did this April Fools thread somehow get crossed over to Dragon Ball AF?
Tenchi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I knew that there would be an article related to Dragonball today, since I was the one whom suggested it to one of the editors in the first place, though I was hoping it would be about the live-action DBZ, movie, "confirming" all the stupid Internet rumours about how the first film has all been shot in total secrecy by Roland Emmerich, with most of the cast list being a "surprise" (though we know that Hugh Jackman was fired for holding up production), and that there's going to be at least four movies and each movie is going to be three or four hours long*, and the first film is still being released in May despite there not being a lick of publicity (WELL, FOX IS INTENSHUNALLY NOT TELLING US ANYTHING TO BUILD UP ANTISIPASHUN ON OUR MESSEJ BOARD).

But it's close enough to the joke I wanted, "confirming" a baseless rumour still spread around a lot of Dragonball pages.

*Box office poison, at least for movies largely aimed at children, since they can only schedule half the normal number of screenings per screen per day.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tenchi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Oh, wait, it wasn't me, someone at Daizenshuu EX just had a very similar idea, since some online Dragonball fans are so easy to bait. Oops.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Louie-kun

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm willing to bet that a bunch of DBZ fanboys will see this and take it as truth. AF is nothing but a joke.
the_soultaker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Wizard? Aren't these the same guys who did an article; "what if the batman family fought G-force (Gatchaman)"? and guess who they picked as the winner...Batman.

Uh,ok. Nice april fools joke.
VegettoEX

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, this thread seems to be a combination of two different topics...

Regardless, I hope everyone enjoyed the DBAF prank. Julian and I had a ton of fun working on it. Be sure to check back to the site tomorrow for a full explanation of what we did, what it all translates to, etc ^^;;
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Oh god help us if that DBZ thing isn't a joke. -_-

Congrats Cookie! Very Happy
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Yeah... it's cute. I could have imagined all the crazed fans screaming for it. I swear that one of these days, an April Fool's joke is gonna go too far and cause what is supposed to be a joke to turn into reality since the fans will scream bloody murder otherwise. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
feh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:00 pm Reply with quote
All that's needed now is the announcement of a live action version of Sailor and the Seven Balls.

Bishop wrote:
It's also confirmed that Trunks kid will be introduced, Shorts.

I heard it was Jockstr- *is hauled off by men in white coats*
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:05 pm Reply with quote
feh wrote:
All that's needed now is the announcement of a live action version of Sailor and the Seven Balls.

-_- Well, seeing as that's a fananimation, and a hentai at that, I doubt ANN would report on that. *hopes to god there aren't fans crazy enough to attempt that*
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:05 pm Reply with quote
And in other news today, in Britain the thirty years statute of limitations has allowed a top secret file that dates back to 1959 to be opened to the public. In it is a Ministry of Defence report on an atomic research development conclusion on the problem of freeze up of some of the atomic land mines that were buried around major strategic locations on the island. These devices were apart of a plan for a front line defence in the event of a Soviet invasion after their initial strike. Atomic scientists based at Aldermaston, Atomic Weapons Establishment facility in Berkshire at that time, came up with a quite novel and simple idea that seemed to work well in the laboratory. The idea was to surround the mines with live chickens. They proved in exhaustive tests that the chicken’s body heat kept the atomic devices warm enough to make sure that proper detonation would be achieved. Thankfully the mines and the chickens were never needed, and the devices were secretly removed and disassembled at the Sellafield Nuclear power and processing facility in Cumbria, in 1992. Wink
feh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:14 pm Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
feh wrote:

-_- Well, seeing as that's a fananimation, and a hentai at that, I doubt ANN would report on that. *hopes to god there aren't fans crazy enough to attempt that*

Yet, Godzilla is newsworthy. The above post was a joke, BTW. April fools and all that. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Shorty22

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:38 pm Reply with quote
feh wrote:
Bishop wrote:
It's also confirmed that Trunks kid will be introduced, Shorts.

I heard it was Jockstr- *is hauled off by men in white coats*

I thought it was Thong... Rolling Eyes
tetsusaiga-kyo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:41 pm Reply with quote
LOL
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3