• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Liar Game: Reborn Film's Teaser Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
H0shi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Am I confused or what?

Akiyama became a dealer of a Liar Game?
We have a genius kid in the name of Alice?
Fukunaga is back..but no Nao????
Yui will be..what...next damsel in distress???

I thought this would be take place before the LGT...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Miss Hachiko

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:23 pm Reply with quote
H0shi wrote:
Am I confused or what?

Akiyama became a dealer of a Liar Game?
We have a genius kid in the name of Alice?
Fukunaga is back..but no Nao????
Yui will be..what...next damsel in distress???

I thought this would be take place before the LGT...

This does take place after the Liar Game: Final Stage, since the storyline takes place after the Final Stage.

Akiyama comes back as a contestant, due to the fact that he's still trying to take down the Liar Game association (obviously since that was his plan from the beginning, and they mysteriously came back).

Alice is part of the LGT office.

Fukunaga also comes in, however, he is now part of the LGT office and not a contestant. (Since during Final, his debt got cleared up, I assume he got offered a job for a reason.)

Yui is considered as a contestant of the Liar Game, even though she's still the heroine of the movie, I'm not entirely sure if she'll fully rely on Akiyama.

I heard about the characters from TokyoHive, but I'm not entirely sure if it's true, since the server is currently down.
H0shi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Miss Hachiko wrote:

This does take place after the Liar Game: Final Stage, since the storyline takes place after the Final Stage.

Akiyama comes back as a contestant, due to the fact that he's still trying to take down the Liar Game association (obviously since that was his plan from the beginning, and they mysteriously came back).

Alice is part of the LGT office.

Fukunaga also comes in, however, he is now part of the LGT office and not a contestant. (Since during Final, his debt got cleared up, I assume he got offered a job for a reason.)

Yui is considered as a contestant of the Liar Game, even though she's still the heroine of the movie, I'm not entirely sure if she'll fully rely on Akiyama.

I heard about the characters from TokyoHive, but I'm not entirely sure if it's true, since the server is currently down.

Aww...how I wish Nao was there.

The manga resumed its serialization, and I wish this movie would somehow connect w/ the original plot.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Miss Hachiko

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:37 pm Reply with quote
H0shi wrote:

Aww...how I wish Nao was there.

The manga resumed its serialization, and I wish this movie would somehow connect w/ the original plot.

Actually, it does somewhat connect to the original plot.

In the Japanese Wikipedia, the game they're playing in this movie is actually the "Musical Chairs" game. So, I guess, that's pretty much the main connection?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1