• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Boston Saturday Licensing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 11:56 pm Reply with quote
hrm... Given the length of the series for Kodocha, I can't help but speculate that they will want to put this on T.V. as well. On the other hand, if they do that, I wonder how they are going to present the initial "he's my driver and my pimp" thing... Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:04 am Reply with quote
Godaistudios wrote:
hrm... Given the length of the series for Kodocha, I can't help but speculate that they will want to put this on T.V. as well. On the other hand, if they do that, I wonder how they are going to present the initial "he's my driver and my pimp" thing... Shocked

Hmm... well... would Gigaloo be a more apropriot word for tv. ... Still... I can't help but think what parents would think if they let their kids watch it, and then get their kids asking questions like what a gigaloo is... and why Hayama can blackmail is teachers... and why... well... I'm just going to say the day the put Kodocha on tv is the day children's television enters a new stage. Here's to it hopefully not getting banned off the face of American tv! ... hopefully they won't be editing too much of it.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:53 am Reply with quote
Replace "pimp" with "sugar daddy" or "mack daddy", and you meet the FCC requirements. ^_-
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:41 am Reply with quote
Just read this off a fansite:

In Anime Boston this weekend, Geneon has publically stated that the contract to the three Sailor Moon movies will end when this year ends. December 31, 2004 will be the final day of the contract, and the movies will immediately go to out of print status. While copies might remain in stores after this date, once they're gone, they're gone. Geneon stated that the Sailor Moon licenses are non-renewable, thus confirming that when any license regarding Sailor Moon is set to end, it will end. This announcement does not regard the S and SuperS seasons however, as they are on a different contract that the movies are on.

Did you guys catch any of this announcement? *sighs at the evilness of Toei* Guess it's all true.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:54 pm Reply with quote
wh00t with funimation releassing Kodacha that means BOX SETS alright.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:47 am Reply with quote
Is Genon spelling Stellvia with one L, or is that a typo? The Stellvia title is in English in the anime, and it's always spelt with two Ls.
tetsusaiga-kyo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:42 am Reply with quote
The Geneon Animation site has the soundtrack spelled Stellvia and so does Anime on DVD, probably a typo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:11 am Reply with quote
Synch Point has Digi Charat (16 episodes)
Bandai has Digi Charat Nyo
ADV has Panyo Panyo Digi Charat

...and I'm not even gonna bother talking about the manga properties, as *everyone* seems to be releasing one or another of those.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:14 pm Reply with quote
CorneredAngel wrote:
...and I'm not even gonna bother talking about the manga properties, as *everyone* seems to be releasing one or another of those.

Did you get to ask ADV about the status on their MagGarden/GanGan titles?
Zeiram

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:34 pm Reply with quote
I'll provide a kodocha update as I have heard from decent sources, although I havn't any net data to back me up. The dub VA for sana is some rookie, at least to anime. Good luck indeed. I have seen every episode allready and I will most certainly be buying this series when it comes out. A true gem out of very many series out there. Although.... the manga goes like three books beyond the anime x_x eh wells.
MasterZaffro

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Ummm, was their no Geneon panel? I want to see some detailed Geneon news. And I'm also excited about Paranoia Agent getting licensed.
Meep-chan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:24 pm Reply with quote
SOOOOO.............. HAPPY! KODOCHA....USA.... CAN'T BREATHE! When will it come out, do you suppose? Eep! and how much will it cost! Does anyone have any more info than just that page?
sun007

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Oh...Kodacha the anime. It's finally going to be available here. I thought it would eventually come over to North America since it already has a such a large fanbase. The manga was great.

As others have said, let god watch the dubbing. May it not be bad...May it be perfect...if it's not too much to ask. Surprised
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Thanks, Cornered Angel.
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:02 am Reply with quote
I feel sorry for that VA they get for Sana, i remember hearing that the VA for Excel lost her voice, and if i remember right Sana talks faster than Excel
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3