• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Comic Ranking, August 5–11

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MisterEd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:07 am Reply with quote
Wow, you don't usually see one of the titles go from #9 to #1, but Naruto did only have one day of sales last week, so that explains it. The U.S. isn't nearly as far behind as it was before on Naruto, mostly because of the NARUTO NATION promotion, but also because of the amount of chapters in jump. I can't wait to see To Love Ru licensed in america, it looks like a pretty good title, like wise with Pluto.

Oh, and for Monster Hunter Orage, it says that it's number 10, but on the cover it says volume 1. Sorry, I don't want to be a detail whore, but I just noticed that.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:36 am Reply with quote
While I am not surprized that Naruto is ranked first, I woudn't mind seeing Eye Shield 21 being ranked first for a change though.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:06 pm Reply with quote
All it needed was a full week, and sure enough, it is number one on the charts right now. The thing will be for next week is whether it can stay on top, or if another release is going to topple it down.
Clodus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:52 pm Reply with quote
hmm, I wonder why Mx0 is stopping. I mean the sales are obviously doing well but why was the author forced a rushed ending when he only finished up 1/3 years of school. Well whatever, I'm glad to see the final volume even though rushed is doing well. Still hoping it gets licensed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1