• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Code Geass R2 Anime Sequel to Run on Adult Swim in U.S.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Who Is This Guy!? wrote:
R2 isn't even finished in Japan, while here...the first series hasn't finished airing, and we already get an announcement...?

In fact such early licensing and/or broadcasting are not uncommon these days. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
504NOSON2
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:20 pm Reply with quote
About x CN/Adult swim get a decent line-up. I haven't seen one this nice since the old,classic toonami days(1999-2003).
Mevious

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:20 pm Reply with quote
steev-sama wrote:
FireChick wrote:
this 2nd season has a bit more weird content than the first season.

I wouldn't describe it as "a bit more weird," more like a complete mess. The first season is beyond great. Every episode raises the bar and it just makes you crave the next episode more. The second season totally screwed up the series. The story is all over the place and it just doesn't feel anything like the first season. All of the characters are a bit off too, especially Lelouch. It is quite sad actually. Sad

Besides that, I do like the speed in which we are getting the second season. Although, it is easier for Bandai shows to come to the US since Bandai has an American branch.

I love the increase in drama that the second season brings, but I think Sunrise just tried to pack too much content into the second season. Situations aren't written out as well as the could've been. The first season had the opposite problem: not enough plot to fill out the entire series. I mean, did we really need Mao?

Great news, though. Anime is crossing the Pacific at a faster rate.

504NOSON2 wrote:
About x CN/Adult swim get a decent line-up. I haven't seen one this nice since the old,classic toonami days(1999-2003).

One could argue that CN/Adult swim has never had a decent line-up.
Panda Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:22 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
What I meant by "weird content" was that there's more underwear shots and booty shots and possibly naked people.

There was nudity in the first season.
boznia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Certainly wasn't expecting it so soon. Good to hear.
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm not even going to hold my breath for what I think will be coming when it airs and I'm sure some people have heard this line "what more anime they should make more homebrewed shows" I seriously won't hold my breath for that line from the fans of adult swims homebrewed shows
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:52 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Who Is This Guy!? wrote:
R2 isn't even finished in Japan, while here...the first series hasn't finished airing, and we already get an announcement...?

In fact such early licensing and/or broadcasting are not uncommon these days. Wink

...Does this mean Koihime is coming stateside earlier then I expected?

If it is, that would be awesome but... I have NO idea how they're gonna get away with airing something like episode 4 uncut...

Seems like that just wouldn't fly on a normal broadcast... Maybe on Showtime.
Who Is This Guy!?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:54 pm Reply with quote
malik_chan wrote:
Boourns! Boourns!

God, this show is so bad! We don't need more of it!

Troll much?
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Mevious wrote:
steev-sama wrote:
FireChick wrote:
this 2nd season has a bit more weird content than the first season.

I wouldn't describe it as "a bit more weird," more like a complete mess. The first season is beyond great. Every episode raises the bar and it just makes you crave the next episode more. The second season totally screwed up the series. The story is all over the place and it just doesn't feel anything like the first season. All of the characters are a bit off too, especially Lelouch. It is quite sad actually. Sad

Besides that, I do like the speed in which we are getting the second season. Although, it is easier for Bandai shows to come to the US since Bandai has an American branch.

I love the increase in drama that the second season brings, but I think Sunrise just tried to pack too much content into the second season. Situations aren't written out as well as the could've been. The first season had the opposite problem: not enough plot to fill out the entire series. I mean, did we really need Mao?

Great news, though. Anime is crossing the Pacific at a faster rate.

504NOSON2 wrote:

One could argue that CN/Adult swim has never had a decent line-up.

What? Eureka seveN wasn't good enough for you? Or Samurai Champloo? Or FMA? Or Paranoia Agent?

God, everytime I hear someone complain about the AS anime offerings, I just scoff in disgust. It never seems to be enough for people.
Mevious

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Kyogissun wrote:
What? Eureka seveN wasn't good enough for you? Or Samurai Champloo? Or FMA? Or Paranoia Agent?

God, everytime I hear someone complain about the AS anime offerings, I just scoff in disgust. It never seems to be enough for people.

You misunderstand me. I was simply saying that not everyone agrees with what airs on Adult Swim in an oblique fashion. I've always enjoyed Adult Swim's anime schedule, when I could catch them - Oh, excluding FMA - and I make sure to watch Code Geass every week to add ratings.

Perhaps one day they'll air the Tenchi Muyo OVAs once more (though they never were on Adult Swim proper, were they?).
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Mevious wrote:
Kyogissun wrote:

You misunderstand me. I was simply saying that not everyone agrees with what airs on Adult Swim in an oblique fashion. I've always enjoyed Adult Swim's anime schedule, when I could catch them - Oh, excluding FMA - and I make sure to watch Code Geass every week to add ratings.

Perhaps one day they'll air the Tenchi Muyo OVAs once more (though they never were on Adult Swim proper, were they?).

Okay, I wasn't sure if you meant that...

So my statement still holds, just not towards you anymore.

It'd be nice to see a classic night for the anime... Like the classic comedy nights they're starting for fridays now.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Sethimothy wrote:
My opinion of the show (and especially the changes made for the American adaptation of it) aside, it is nice to see that the second season has already been confirmed.
What changes would those be, exactly? Other than the Pizza Hut issue, that is.
KinFreon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:59 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Shirley dies.]
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:39 pm Reply with quote
KinFreon wrote:
spoiler[Shirley dies.]

This seems kind of like a pointless statement considering what's happened in the most recent episode. >_>

Regardless, this thread isn't for discussing the plot and spoiling key events in R2 so... Go away?
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:54 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
What I meant by "weird content" was that there's more underwear shots and booty shots and possibly naked people.
Which means all those "code geass is for kids" whiners on the as forums can shut up now right? (I'm not even registered and they manage to annoy me.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4