• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Rear View of Live-Action Dragonball's Piccolo Previewed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:13 am Reply with quote
I'm just wondering what's up with the pants of the guy next to Piccolo.
Other than that, last time I checked, Piccolo had a cape didn't wear any armor, right...? Not to mention he looked more like he was from the Far East [We're talkin' a Silk Road-lookin' mofo.], and not a Power Rangers villain. You know, if they wanted it to suck that badly, why not just adapt GT instead? Rolling Eyes
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:42 am Reply with quote
"hyper-loyal",huh.Dragonball Semper Fi! Laughing

Gatsu:If they would have based it on GT,they would have had plenty of excuse to screw around.The Dragonball storyline has been well known for about 23 years,ingrained in our minds,after we were hooked on Arale for so long.Change is not welcome.Marsters looks more like Quan Chi from Mortal Kombat IV than Daimao.
SSJ Gohan 64

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:11 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Other than that, last time I checked, Piccolo had a cape didn't wear any armor, right...? Not to mention he looked more like he was from the Far East [We're talkin' a Silk Road-lookin' mofo.], and not a Power Rangers villain. You know, if they wanted it to suck that badly, why not just adapt GT instead? Rolling Eyes

I don't think King Piccolo had the cape that Piccolo is famous for.
Batman3777

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:41 am Reply with quote
SSJ Gohan 64 wrote:
GATSU wrote:

I don't think King Piccolo had the cape that Piccolo is famous for.

Yeah, you're right about that. But then King Piccolo didn't wear any kind of armor, either, so... it's still a curious picture. Good-guy Piccolo did have a weighted headscarf and weighted shoulder pad-type armor, though, didn't he? Could that be what we're seeing in this picture?
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:56 am Reply with quote
LOL @ the pants of the guy next to Masters.

It's still wrong. At this point I feel they're looking at the wrong show. That doesn't look or feel like Piccolo. We haven't heard a voice yet have we? Maybe he'll sound Christopher Sabat-ish.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Or Don Lafontaine. Something about the way he looks definitely tells me something about a non-human voice here.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:33 pm Reply with quote
[quote="britannicamoore"]LOL @ the pants of the guy next to Masters.[quote]

Pretty sure that's a safety harness wrapped around his legs that you're seeing, Probably a stunt guy.

Quote:
It's still wrong. At this point I feel they're looking at the wrong show. That doesn't look or feel like Piccolo. We haven't heard a voice yet have we? Maybe he'll sound Christopher Sabat-ish.

I'll be amazed if he can go that low with his voice, he'll need a synthesizer for sure. Otherwise expect a pretty normal sounding piccolo or a a very unnatural sounding Masters voice.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:57 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
LOL @ the pants of the guy next to Masters.

xD As far as I know, Chris Sabat is cast as Shenron.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:04 am Reply with quote
I'm sure some readers were expecting to see James Marsters' cute butt after seeing the article title. Laughing
akatsukinotobi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:16 am Reply with quote
I bet you it's not armor. I bet you it's a stylized version of Piccolo's skin. You have to take into consideration that it's a black-and-white picture, so we don't know which parts are green and which are purple.

Apparently, the picture from the trailer isn't actually what he's gonna look like. Or at least that's what I gathered from reading on the DB movie blog. If the pictures from the trailer have been shown on the internet, why would FOX not let Ed French show Piccolo's face?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:03 pm Reply with quote
NO.

This is NOT news. I am NOT clicking the link, I am NOT reading the thread, I do NOT need this. I'm sure the Yaoi girls are interested in a shot of Piccolo's ass, I am NOT. Stop it. Stop trying to turn everything about the new Dragonball film into a front-page post. I don't care, YOU don't care, he/she/it doesn't care- the only people that do care are obsessive Toriyama fans, and there aren't even enough of them to raise objection to the hatchet-job review of Blue Dragon you posted. This is ANNOYING and STUPID, a big green butt does not deserve the front page. Quit it. Find some REAL news.

Christ...
akatsukinotobi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:59 pm Reply with quote
BellosTheMighty wrote:
NO.

This is NOT news. I am NOT clicking the link, I am NOT reading the thread, I do NOT need this. I'm sure the Yaoi girls are interested in a shot of Piccolo's ass, I am NOT. Stop it. Stop trying to turn everything about the new Dragonball film into a front-page post. I don't care, YOU don't care, he/she/it doesn't care- the only people that do care are obsessive Toriyama fans, and there aren't even enough of them to raise objection to the hatchet-job review of Blue Dragon you posted. This is ANNOYING and STUPID, a big green butt does not deserve the front page. Quit it. Find some REAL news.

Christ...

Well, maybe if you would have read it you'd know that it's not an ass-shot, but rather a shot from behind him. And why'd you even bother posting to begin with?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1