• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toren Smith predicts manga industry to go bust

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Jinchuu wrote:
I personally am a bit annoyed at how long it'sgoing to take to release all 28 volumes of Rurouni Kenshin over here. I understand how long it took in Japan but it's all already translated and waiting 2 months for one damn issue is just too long for me!

x_X That, Naruto, and Angel Sanctuary are killing me. Naruto is up to volume 23 in Japan, and there a volume gets released every 2-3 months or less. It doesn't help that viz is only going with a chapter or two a month for translation per shonen jump release. It's really killing the pace, especially when it's Japanese counterpart releases a chapter a week. Then again, even if they were to speed up the pace of the tankubon releases here, I couldn't buy them anyway because my only income comes from babysitting.

Angel Sanctuary just can't come out fast enough for me, so that's why I added that in there... I hope they release it at a faster pace then X. At least X is currently on standby in Japan, so Viz could try taking this break as an opertunity to catch up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9