• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ADV announces Evangelion Platinum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenchi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:26 pm Reply with quote
30th Anniversary Edition in 2015, eh? I wouldn't put it past them, but it would certainly be an odd title for a series celebrating its twentieth anniversary that year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
evaunit24

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Well, I guess I would like to offer some defense for this release, I personally, have been waiting a long time for this release, and being the fan that I am, already do have, the original 8 dvd set, and the two directors cut dvd's, and the two movies. This set, is a huge step up in sound and video quality. I can't comment on the new english, but the original japanese sounded incredible. And that's through my tiny computer speakers. I guess what I'm trying to say, is that if you are happy with your Eva dvd's now, that's good. But, if you want to see Eva the way it was meant to be seen, this set is the way to go. (No, I do not work for ADV) hehe. Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 8:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy with my videos. I've paid my due to ADV and Gainax for this show. Eva in 2.0 is "how it was meant to be seen", according to Anno. Why everything has to be in surround because it can, not because it should, is beyond me. At least Gainax included the stereo version I hear. To each their own I guess.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3