• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Switch Anime's Opening Sequence Posted Online

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lough23

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:41 am Reply with quote
sweet i need to check that out
ringoiero360

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Loved it Very Happy
I liked the shaky camera effects, but when I watch it for some reason i'm getting vibes from the second Death Note opening Anime catgrin + sweatdrop

Last edited by ringoiero360 on Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
peachsncreamsoda

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:15 pm Reply with quote
I'll definitely be checking this out! I hope it'll be as cool as the OP was. But yea, to me, it still screams death note Rolling Eyes it reminds me of both OPs from DN too. but im happy to know im not the only one who thought it reminded them of it Neutral
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Funny, I get shades of one of the GTO openings (the writing & shakey camera) & some Weiss Kreuz (barbed wire & the hands). The coloring is more DN than the artbook shots of more muddy/autumn browns & reds naked ape seem to favor. It might have been interesting to do it as a fall-type coloring show.
The big DN connection has to be that opening shot of the monitor which is reminiscent of when we first saw L & the lighter-haired character looks a lot like Light (which he doesn't really in the manga). The other looks very nicely young, maybe younger than in the manga which is one of his characteristics-that he looks younger than his age.
Interesting name on the drug. I thought it had a different one in the manga-something like dragon something.
Agoston

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Cool, too bad it's only a two-part OVA though. I was thinking of reading the manga, it sounds interesting and the art looks sharp. If you've read it, what did you think?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1