• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 08-26-08

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maryohki

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:16 am Reply with quote
That broke my brain. Though I have to say it's a shame people see "gay" as such a huge insult.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:37 am Reply with quote
Maryohki wrote:
That broke my brain. Though I have to say it's a shame people see "gay" as such a huge insult.

Can't be helped. That's how internet "arguments" are.
narutoismybrother

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:39 am Reply with quote
LMFAO! Def one of my fav strips so far.
Great job! *wipes tears of laughter from eyes*
Big Hed

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:55 am Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
It was like something you'd read on IRC.

Precisely -- but with hilarious images attached Laughing
Umai_Mouri

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:02 am Reply with quote
LOL

Maryohki wrote:

It really is a shame. Whenever I'm on campus or at work, the word gets thrown around like crazy when it comes to insulting a person/action.
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:34 am Reply with quote
so sad how true it is.
Reibooi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:39 am Reply with quote
OMG I litterly fell out of my chair. That was funny as hell. The sad part is I bet the world leaders really act like that except with bigger words and no anime references. How funny would it be though. I can imagine the headline now.

Nation A forms alliance with Nation B cites Lucky Star as a bridge to common ground.
bonbonsrus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:47 am Reply with quote
I found this amusing, however it would have made more sense to me if the roles had been reversed...
I generally think of Nina as the more optimistic, blissfully naive one, and Kevin the hardend cynic.
frodonk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:59 am Reply with quote
oooohhhh politics and anime!

oh wait, this is not about rozen aso?
stuckinfresno

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:11 am Reply with quote
This one was so good - I had to comment. I love the posted debated between candidates!

Out of curiousity - was I the only worried that after the third panel there was going to be a Yu-Gi-Oh moment? Before I saw that Lucky Star phone charm I was just waiting for the "Well if we can't talk, we'll let the cards decide!" Scary thought - probably random.
Eos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:53 am Reply with quote
Great comic, it still has me cracking up as I write this!

zanarkand princess wrote:
I bet disgraced governor elliot spitzer would like harem anime based off of h games.

Disgraced governor Jim McGreevey would like a harems too....reverse harems Razz

sarsman45 wrote:
*sigh* If only they could make an anime that would play to the roles of politics.... oh wait, there's Gundam 00, and its still a mess.Rolling Eyes

Gasaraki did have a Saddam...
I was so waiting for the Gundams to roll out in this comic, ala G Gundam of course.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Batman3777

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:03 am Reply with quote
bonbonsrus wrote:
I found this amusing, however it would have made more sense to me if the roles had been reversed...
I generally think of Nina as the more optimistic, blissfully naive one, and Kevin the hardend cynic.

I think that's one of the endearing things about this comic, though; it shows Nina's learning, albeit the hard way, how "life" really works. I was proud of her. And at first glance, one could see "politician's should like anime" as being out of cynicism (sp?), though a poorly thought-out one, so it worked for me.

This comic meshes so well with some of the other discussions on the boards lately about what fans are annoying, and how social (or not) we are, etc etc. Very well done. I was seriously lmao at this one. Laughing

To quote Homer Simpson: "It's funny because it's true."
animem@ster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:53 am Reply with quote
If only it was like this in real life. Yeah. That would sooooooooo
AWESOME!!!Smile
Richard J.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
The only way it could be funnier is if one of the politicians took off his shoe and started banging it on a table to get attention.
Yeltsin was a funny man.

Though for sheer awesome Andrew Jackson of US history beating people with a cane (really more of a full blown shillelagh) and fighting duels to defend his wife's honor can't be beat. Now that sounds more like anime fans arguing.

GMSenpai wrote:
Too bad the third alternative party wasn't presented, the tolerant otaku... sadly they make up 3% of the population.
Oh, sweet, I'm a minority now! (Suppressing urge to vote Demo.)

Very minor related point to the comic, I actually used the global scope of Haruhi fandom as an example of soft power in a class on Middle Eastern politics. I got an A on that presentation too.

I think this is one of the best strips yet. It's just so good at pointing out the sheer craziness of some arguments on the net. (Not to mention making people who use the "gay" insult look kinda silly. Love the Invader Zim-ish transformation characters have when they freak out in this series.)
Batman3777

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
The only way it could be funnier is if one of the politicians took off his shoe and started banging it on a table to get attention.
Yeltsin was a funny man.

Though for sheer awesome Andrew Jackson of US history beating people with a cane (really more of a full blown shillelagh) and fighting duels to defend his wife's honor can't be beat. Now that sounds more like anime fans arguing.

GMSenpai wrote:
Too bad the third alternative party wasn't presented, the tolerant otaku... sadly they make up 3% of the population.
Oh, sweet, I'm a minority now! (Suppressing urge to vote Demo.)

Very minor related point to the comic, I actually used the global scope of Haruhi fandom as an example of soft power in a class on Middle Eastern politics. I got an A on that presentation too.

I think this is one of the best strips yet. It's just so good at pointing out the sheer craziness of some arguments on the net. (Not to mention making people who use the "gay" insult look kinda silly. Love the Invader Zim-ish transformation characters have when they freak out in this series.)

Don't forget Khrushchev. He was the first to do the shoe thing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5