• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodomo no Kodomo's Live-Action Film Trailer Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daemonblue

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Pinkwings wrote:
Wtf....shoot! She lucky she aint my child. I'd force an abortion on her ass. No 11 yr child o mine will be popin out kids. Hell she accidently had sex? I'd beat her bloody. Anime catgrin

There's only one problem with that, at such a young age an abortion would possibly put the mother in danger, and if not that it could also make it so she could never have a child again, and that tends to hold true moreso for women who are smaller. That said, it could very well have been an accident, all it takes is a few seconds for the act to be done, it's not like everyone was a pro their first time.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:09 am Reply with quote
Yeah, and I would just like to add that it wouldn't be in your best interest to beat up a pregnant 11 year old child.

Of course, I'm pretty sure I may be detecting sarcasm.

I hope.

Either way, I cringed at the thought of the backlash, but I indefinitely want to see it. Conservative people may not, and I agree with Britannica, it just seems like ignorance may take over the lesson that is provided in the movie.

xD next to that, there are creepy perverted people who can take it beyond what it is as well.

But there are two sides of every coin, so maybe it will be released in the US, by possibly an international film festival screening or something of the sort. It would make it a lot easier.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:34 am Reply with quote
sacchan wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
shenanigans = mischief = akugi. Wink

This just bugged me a little...mischief=悪戯 You read this "itazura" not "akugi".
Don't fret. It's just another word for the exact same thing. Wink
maaya

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:47 am Reply with quote
tygerchickchibi wrote:
Yeah, and I would just like to add that it wouldn't be in your best interest to beat up a pregnant 11 year old child.

If you do it, you may not only lose your child's child, but also your child and probably be charged for child abuse as well. ^^;

Quote:
Either way, I cringed at the thought of the backlash, but I indefinitely want to see it. Conservative people may not, and I agree with Britannica, it just seems like ignorance may take over the lesson that is provided in the movie.

Well, there is already this series "14 year old mother": http://wiki.d-addicts.com/14_Sai_no_Haha

it's average viewership doesn't looks so bad. If there was a backlash it should have happened when this series aired. Eventhough the girl in KnK is even younger.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3