• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Slayers TV Anime Series Officially Confirmed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Case

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:25 pm Reply with quote
I am very pleased to discover that this series is going to stick closely to the old style of art from the the TV series rather than what they did for Slayers Premium or something else weird.
NegativeZero

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Wait, so the season currently running is only 12-13 episodes, and they're going to do another 12-13 next year? Or are they doing two half-year (26 episode) seasons?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
omnistry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:02 pm Reply with quote
NegativeZero wrote:
Wait, so the season currently running is only 12-13 episodes, and they're going to do another 12-13 next year? Or are they doing two half-year (26 episode) seasons?

They are doing two 26-episode series.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:02 pm Reply with quote
So happy to hear this is going to keep going! Still hoping for the ultimate miracle, to hear the original dub va's back again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:09 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
So happy to hear this is going to keep going! Still hoping for the ultimate miracle, to hear the original dub va's back again.

Well it has to be licensed first for that to happen but i confident that Funi or any other R1 company will pick it up.

As for the new series news, the more Slayers the merrier ! Smile
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Hell yeah,If they are doing good,I say keep going.Revolution has been a blast.
The Unknown 24

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:35 pm Reply with quote
This news just made my day. This is so awesome!!!

Slayers in one of my all time favorite anime.

Very Happy Razz Very Happy
ShugoYotsuba

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Case wrote:
I am very pleased to discover that this series is going to stick closely to the old style of art from the the TV series rather than what they did for Slayers Premium or something else weird.

Slayers Premium was animated by a different company, Hal Film Maker, instead of J.C. Staff (that's why the animation style looked so different) , and plus Slayers Premium was directed by Junichi Sato, instead of Takashi Watanabe
ShugoYotsuba

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:56 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:

Let's hope, either the New York cast, or ADV's , I like both the Japanese version and both dubs anyway, but let's hope someone picks up the new Slayers anime
The Human Spider

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Awesome news!!! I only recently started getting into SLAYERS last year, but it's becoming my favorite anime franchise next to GUNDAM. I'd also like to see more prequal movies and/or OVAs with Naga(which I do somewhat enjoy more than the TV series because they have less serious stuff and action getting in the way of the comedy.)
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:59 pm Reply with quote
ANOTHER Slayers anime? I guess the fandom's coming back, eh?
TJ_Kat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:24 pm Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
NegativeZero wrote:

are you sure? i understood the article to say that they only had a mandate for 12-13 episodes (eg. one season) so far, and that they just got permission to make revolution into a 24-26 episode (eg. 2 seasons) series.
shansito

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Until now, Revolution had 13 confirmed chapters (ANN own section of Revolution: Episode titles: We have 13), and even Megumi have said in her radio programs that they recorded the voice for the last episode, so this news just confirms what more or less everybody already knew, that this 4th season will have 26 chapters, divided into 2 story arcs.

spoiler[Even Zuuma has confirmed the 2nd story arc in the 10th episode, since he lose both his arms (as he did in the 4th novel), so he has to appear again, united with some mazoku (Seygram in the original novels, but now it will be another one)]
jedimaster5000

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:39 pm Reply with quote
I can easily see them doing another season, based on that new arc (I think it was called Knight of the Aqua Lord)...but anyway, I'm really thrilled their continuing it, but unfortunately, I haven't seen revolution, and don't feel like (I already seen the first 3 dubbed, and I really liked them)
Wellness

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:44 pm Reply with quote
TJ_Kat wrote:
omnistry wrote:
NegativeZero wrote:

are you sure? i understood the article to say that they only had a mandate for 12-13 episodes (eg. one season) so far, and that they just got permission to make revolution into a 24-26 episode (eg. 2 seasons) series.

Crud, can someone confirm if this announcement meant that there would be just 13 more episodes (which is kind of what I read into it) or if there is going to be another 26 episode series in the making after this one wraps up? I am a big Slayers fan and would like to know how joyful I should be.

Although I can't wait for the dub to come out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2