• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: USA Today Booklist, August 18–25: No Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SharinganEye

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:53 pm Reply with quote
As sad as it is that there's no manga on the list, the fact that Naruto and such seem to be the only things that break into it is slightly depressing.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:14 am Reply with quote
Wow, even Naruto is even on the list. I thought Bleach was still popular, as well as Eyeshield 21. Three weeks in a row, that can't be good news for the companies.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:23 am Reply with quote
Third straight week. I'll have to go back and look at how bad the last period was where there was no manga. September is now on us, so we'll be seeing some new releases soon for the month.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:17 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Three weeks in a row, that can't be good news for the companies.

Given that the top selling books represent such a small slice of the amount of books out there, it probably isn't really that bad either. Obviously they'd like to be on the top list, but for most manga it really isn't even remotely realistic to expect. Plus I'm sure the publishers would care more about how they are doing in relation to other manga, more so than other books as a whole, since that would be their direct competition.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:04 am Reply with quote
Well, I know there are some places putting out the new volume early, as I saw it on the shelf back on Saturday and was actually able to buy it. >.> Dunno if I should have or not, but I did.

But still, seeing no manga on the list for three weeks in a row is sad. >.< But thankfully today the volume is (officially) released, so it we should see it on the list for next week. At least, we should hope.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1