• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Aksys Games: From The Abyss Arrives at Retail

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:16 am Reply with quote
From the Abyss is, at its heart, a fun game. The mechanics work well and the skill system gives you good freedom to adapt your own play style. My major gripe is that there is just too little content. There is no real story to speak of, dungeons are repetitive and uninteresting, there's only one town, and there's not much monster variety. I was enjoying it quite a bit until I got to the end and realized that there was no more game to play.I would suggest renting it to see if the gameplay interests you enough to play it more than once.

For a similar price tag, you could get a game with a fleshed-out storyline, dungeons that have unique features and varied terrain, a world with multiple locations, and a few dozen unique enemies. But if you already have Lunar Knights, From the Abyss has enough good features that it's at least worth a try. It's just not going to last you very long.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1