• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Penguin Girl Heart's 2nd Season Begins Online in Japan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:57 pm Reply with quote
I am going to be completly honest. This show looks like a typical harem/fantasy show. But to make another season must have meant good ratings. I'd never watch this series, but some kudo's should go to the author.

However, this doesn't and won't change the fact this series still looks like a harem show.
Nebs

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:15 pm Reply with quote
To be a harem series, it would need a male protagonist. =b You wont find one here. I'm tempted to call it a fan-servicey version of Lucky Star since it's about an otaku fangirl, but the tones are pretty different from each other. Anyway, I enjoy it. Light, fun comedy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
I am going to be completly honest. This show looks like a typical harem/fantasy show. But to make another season must have meant good ratings. I'd never watch this series, but some kudo's should go to the author.

However, this doesn't and won't change the fact this series still looks like a harem show.
has nothing to with harems...it's just a bunch of random stuff happening for no good reason ...from what I've gathered from it anyway
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:56 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

has nothing to with harems...it's just a bunch of random stuff happening for no good reason ...from what I've gathered from it anyway

And if it were a harem, it would have been an all-girl yuri-ish harem playing for laughs (the only guy there is Sakura's GAR-ish butler). Though they have been hinting around Sakura's and Kujira's relationship..... Rolling Eyes
Joichiro Nishi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:24 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
And if it were a harem, it would have been an all-girl yuri-ish harem playing for laughs (the only guy there is Sakura's GAR-ish butler). Though they have been hinting around Sakura's and Kujira's relationship..... Rolling Eyes

Don't forget 2 girls are oficially in love of Kujira, Cha Chin and the silent maid. If Penguin join the party, it would be a yuri harem. At least Kujira is a lot better than most harem leads.
Splitter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Finally! More Mary = Happy Me!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1