• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What do you think is the best Anime that you have seen?

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
By the way, Nagisa told me it was ADV, so if you're reading this, Nagi, feel free to make your argument.

The way I heard it, ADV were given the option to use either "Rurouni Kenshin" or "Samurai-X" for the series' title. Because it seemed more marketable, they went with Samurai-X initially, but then went back and named the dub "Samurai-X" and the subbed VHS "Rurouni Kenshin."

And naturally, the bilingual DVD has both titles on reverse covers.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Shinigami-sama

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:39 pm Reply with quote
[quote]I'm lame, so I'm going to say Neon Genesis Evangelion[/quote]

I'm sorry but there's nothing lame about choosing Evangelion. I've seen hundreds of anime and it is still my undeniable favorite. Keep in mind, it's legendary for a reason and it isn't just Rei's butt.
Golgo13

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Master Keaton.

If you haven't seen this series, you are missing out on one of the best anime series ever created without the aid of violence, nudity, sex, profanity, cliches or adult situations. Heck, the whole family can watch it.
bun^ny

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:46 am Reply with quote
Golgo13 wrote:
Master Keaton.

If you haven't seen this series, you are missing out on one of the best anime series ever created without the aid of violence, nudity, sex, profanity, cliches or adult situations. Heck, the whole family can watch it.

Master Keaton? What is that?Is than an anime? What kind?

Btw, for the people who already seen Children's Toy, is there more of that show? I've been waiting for the show for quite a time.. but I just don't even know if they are going to make the continuation of it. Also, I like Super Gals and same as the other, Im still waiting for part 2!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bun^ny

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:33 am Reply with quote
For the people who also lives in Canada... "Do you guys know where I can get the Hana-Kimi and Girl Got Game manga comics? I've read a couple of them but just here on the net and it's really good so I was hoping some of you knows where to get it..." These mangas really captured my attention and it is now my favourites...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Law

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:44 am Reply with quote
Witch Hunter Robin is my favorite series right now

just kinda sad cos Amon got the shit kicked out of him for not shooting robin this last episode...

but the story is really intense and cool

well, later.
bun^ny

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:01 pm Reply with quote
I love Slam Dunk, its like I can't get enough of it. I keep watching it over and over again and Im wondering, do you think there will be a second season for that? Like maybe what happened to them when they were in the Nationals? I hope there is because I wanna know about the story itself, about what happened to them since it was cut short from the Tv series...
mattp88

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:18 am Reply with quote
best sports anime: slam dunk
best comedy anime: GTO
best mecha anime: macross zero
best love story anime:love hina
best anime fiction:doraemon

everybody should hav watched these
there is no excuse to say no

as mahoro-chan says:"ecchi is good"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:28 am Reply with quote
mattp88 wrote:
as mahoro-chan says:"ecchi is good"

Ecchi is good -- sometimes. Mr. Green However, what she said was "えっちなのはいけないと思います!" (Having ecchi thoughts is NOT good!)

P.S. Please give more reasoning for your choice of best anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Not much difference between this thread, and this one.

No reason to have them both, and since I prefer the other one, I'm keeping it and locking this one.

-t
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 26 of 26