• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy with Rob Bricken: Yatterman Microman Action Series - Gan-chan and Ai-Chan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Although I don't collect them (gotta save money for manga & anime), I do think that there are some pretty cool toys/action figures/statues out there. It's fun to read about what a collector looks for and also interesting to see how the creators have to sometimes choose between form and function. I look forward to the next review!
Jadress

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Amusing figure review!

Though I must say- I need a disco/techno/dance remix of the Yatterman theme song right NOW. I'm sure one has been made, and I need it.

Interesting that from the photos, the paint job doesn't really look that bad. I guess you'd need to see it in person.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Elves

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Razz Oh that's great! I don't collect figures, but I really appreciate your reviews - if for nothing else than the entertainment value (and of course the warnings/excitement of purchasing the figures any given week). Awesome column this week in particular - especially the last picture. Anime hyper
Dragynstorm

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:01 pm Reply with quote
I have to say I'm a Yatterman fan (mindless plots and fun outfits are awesome when you're tired), but yeah, those figures aren't so hot. Sad
Dark Elf Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:02 pm Reply with quote
I have to admit, Gan-chan and Ai-chan are cute. Anime catgrin
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1