• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Wild Gift

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
belvadeer wrote:
Megaman 9: Why oh why can they never make decent artwork for Megaman? Would it kill Capcom U.S.A. to try and make him look the right away?

Um...the whole point of that cover artwork is to emulate the godawful designs on the US versions of the earliest games. It's part and parcel with the entire nostalgia appeal of the title.

You must be kidding.

Last edited by belvadeer on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:58 pm Reply with quote
It's no joke.It's the garbage illustrations we used to get.They are very nostalgic for me as well.Sadly.I'll list then in the order of JP,USA,UK.Here you go.

NES
Megaman 1:Rockman JP, Megaman USA, Megaman UK.
Megaman 2:Rockman 2 JP, Megaman 2 USA, Megaman 2 UK.
Megaman 3:Rockman 3 JP,Megaman 3 USA, Megaman 3 UK.
Megaman 4:Rockman 4 JP, Megaman 4 USA, Megaman 4 UK.
Megaman 5:Rockman 5 JP, Megaman 5 USA, Megaman 5 UK.
Megaman 6:Rockman 6 JP, Megaman 6 USA.

SNES
Megaman 7:Rockman 7 JP, Megaman 7 USA, Megaman 7 UK.

Rockman and Forte,was known for a while as part eight.Nintendo Power readers knew this was not true.The US did get this title,but much like Final Fight GUY,It was a rental only.It has since been ported to the GBA.We can't forget about Megaman Soccer:Rockman Soccer JP,Megaman SoccerUSA.

PSX
Megaman 8: Rockman 8 JP, Megaman 8 USA, Megaman 8 UK.

I left out my favorite X titles as I did not want to take up anymore room.As you can see from some of the pics that some of the UK versions tried covering their ass.That's some goofy nostalgia for ya.Can you see how some of the fans were slowly becoming elitists? Hurah for localization.The Gameboy titles had bastardized NES covers too.I can list the other hundred games but the mods would be pissed.Great review on Zenki,Todd.Vajura On! That press kit is awesome.I look forward to playing Megaman 9
sfried

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:02 am Reply with quote
Jadress wrote:
I wouldn't imagine a DS card would be capable of holding much video...

Are you kidding me? Go play Professor Layton...there are like a dozen FMV clips in it. And as far as I'm concerned, the DS version of Disgaea have all of the extras the PSP port has minus dual-audio.
Kyogissun wrote:
Kirby, Mega Man 9 AND Wario Land?

Oh happy days are ahead.

Indeed. People are going to be dead-broke.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3