• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digital Manga Schedules More Boys-Love Titles

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunflower

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:21 pm Reply with quote
It's great news that the different lines are being kept, though sad news about the staffers.

I'm kind of glad they're reducing their output to be honest. Fewer yet better titles are a plus for me and my money. From the licenses it looks like what they're doing. I see a lot I want.

I do hope they continue their novels as well, especially S.

Edit: Oi, there appear to be a lot more titles in that article than are listed here. Or maybe they're old news I missed? At any rate, they've scheduled 3&4 of S, 3 of Hero Heel, 2 of Loveholic, all of Ze, 3 of Il Gato Sul G, 4 of Flower of Life.... and my list of must-have books grows. I'm very happy.
unmei999

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Ludwig!!!!!!

I've been wanting this released forever. Very Happy

I'll have to look up some of the other titles, but they all look nice.
Altacia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Woot!

Ludwig!!

*dances*

No idea about the other titles but, Ludwig...<3
Big Hed

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Crap. I guess the staff reduction (my condolences) explains the delay of Enchanter. Never mind, I'll continue to help in keeping your wallet filled, DMP.
juno_senei

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Ooo...those titles look lovely *wink wink*
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:49 pm Reply with quote
sunflower wrote:

Edit: Oi, there appear to be a lot more titles in that article than are listed here. Or maybe they're old news I missed? At any rate, they've scheduled 3&4 of S, 3 of Hero Heel, 2 of Loveholic, all of Ze, 3 of Il Gato Sul G, 4 of Flower of Life.... and my list of must-have books grows. I'm very happy.

I pre-ordered Hero Heel 3 & S volume 3 last month so at least those are old news.

I love Duo Brand's coloring. I have one of the Phoenix editions with a piece of that story & the opening color is so hot. Drama Queen brought us Crimson Wind & White Guardian so it's nice to see more.
manafairy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:33 am Reply with quote
sunflower wrote:

I knew about Hero Heel 3, LoveHolic 2, and Ze (all of which I'm very excited about), but I hadn't heard that they finally set a date for Il Gato Sul G 3 O_O I've been dying to see that released since I bought and reread the first two about 3 or 4 times over. Good stuff.

On that note, Ludwig II and more Duo Brand.... is there any wonder why 90% of my manga purchases these days seem to be from DMP imprints? I've been looking forward to Shards of Affection since White Guardian and Crimson Wind blew my mind with their gorgeous and amazingly sexy artwork (OMG Facial hair :3) and fun story and characters. Cross x Break, is a thoroughly entertaining read, don't get me wrong, but I would love to finally get some more of their BL stuff. Should be fun Anime smile

After reading Paradise on the Hill (and finding it absolutely adorable), I'll probably end up picking up some of the Momoko Tenzen's stuff- La Satanica looks particularly interesting, judging solely from the cover- and I'm always up for some Makoto Tateno. Can't wait Very Happy
juno_senei

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:49 am Reply with quote
manafairy wrote:
I knew about Hero Heel 3, LoveHolic 2, and Ze (all of which I'm very excited about), but I hadn't heard that they finally set a date for Il Gato Sul G 3 O_O I've been dying to see that released since I bought and reread the first two about 3 or 4 times over. Good stuff.

i some how missed the mention of LoveHolic 2 and Il Gato Sul 3. this is excellent news since i've been waiting for quite a long time for them. heh, i beginning to think they might have been abandoned ^^;;
yblees

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:15 am Reply with quote
YAY! I've been waiting for Colours for ages. Wonder what the Doki-Doki pricing is like... not as high as 801 I hope. Actually. I don't see the point of 801 - smaller books and higher price Anime cry
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:15 am Reply with quote
yblees wrote:
YAY! I've been waiting for Colours for ages. Wonder what the Doki-Doki pricing is like... not as high as 801 I hope. Actually. I don't see the point of 801 - smaller books and higher price Anime cry

You pay for your smut.
801 is DMP's most explicit line. Their site had a brief comment awhile back about what makes a title Yaoi or June or 801 & it's basically certain things (excess fluid, recognizable body parts) can be the only thing that moves a title from one imprint to the other. At least they're making an effort to separate the lines. Some people really don't want to go that far while others want all the sex they can get so it allows the reader the choice. If one doesn't want to see too much detail, one can stick with their Yaoi or if one wants all the detail & maybe get into kinky stuff, one can go with 801.
On the other hand, I've really been wowed by some of the 801 volumes. They are very nicely done. It's not just a book with a slip-cover. We usually get the color pages for one.
yblees

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:58 pm Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:
You pay for your smut.
801 is DMP's most explicit line. Their site had a brief comment awhile back about what makes a title Yaoi or June or 801 & it's basically certain things (excess fluid, recognizable body parts) can be the only thing that moves a title from one imprint to the other.

*sigh* true that.
Unfortunately it also contains titles like Ichigenme, and everything by Youka Nitta...
As for colour pages - I have a copy of DMP's Cafe Kichijouji De with 8 or so full colour pages, so it's not like June-Manga couldn't do colour if they wanted to for their normal price - not to mention I really like the larger sized books.

But I'll definitely be taking a look at the DMP website for their imprint "criteria".
marzipan.dragon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:15 pm Reply with quote
I'm sorry to hear about the staff reductions - wishing them the best.

I imagine I'll end up getting most of these titles, if not nearly all. I'm glad the S novels will be continuing, and anything by Toko Kawai or Taishi Zaou is good news to me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1