• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Joost Streams Legal, Subbed Naruto, Death Note for Free

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ohoni

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:31 am Reply with quote
It's a good sign, but so far nothing new. What they should be doing is showing subtitled episodes of Naruto Shippuden (around episode 75ish) or Soul Eater.
Shadowlord

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:35 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Daimao Raki wrote:
This is what people have been waiting for. Now only if the Japanese would provide same day legal downloads....and people actually pay for them.

Doubt it'll happen.Especially since fansubbers still don't get the message.

Which message? That we should watch low quality free anime / medium quality DRM infected expensive anime instead of HD-sized fansubs?

Actually, there are already japanese streaming sites where you can watch a lot of anime, but: these sites are limited to japanese-IPs, so we can't legally watch them.
It won't change anything unless it's possible to watch recent (!) anime WORLDWIDE.

Also, I don't think, hardcore anime fans who watch fansubs only, would pay for their anime fix - ad supported streaming seems to be the best solution to me. In that way, these Joost Hulu streams seem to be a good idea. But, please, no dubbed anime! I wouldn't even watch it for free/without ads.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:27 am Reply with quote
If it was a series that I liked and the dub was good, I'd watch it online with ad-support. I watched Alfred Hitchcock Presents and The Outer Limits on hulu and loved it.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Unlike Hula I can access Joost and register, but anime episodes are not showing up at all, just related videos like ANN TV.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Shadowlord wrote:
But, please, no dubbed anime! I wouldn't even watch it for free/without ads.

Go home.

I almost considered watching some of the Naruto until I noticed it was subbed. The day I go out of my to watch subbed shounen is the day I sit down and re-evaluate my life. Even if I did download the last few episodes of Bleach's SS arc...that was different.
houkoholic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Unlike Hula I can access Joost and register, but anime episodes are not showing up at all, just related videos like ANN TV.

Unlike Hulu, Joost did start out as a worldwide distribution platform, except a lot of the shows has region locks on them.

Since you live in Wales, I doubt any of the R1 licenses applies to you.
SoloButterfly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:26 am Reply with quote
I am SO marathon-ing Death Note as soon as my tests are over next week!!
ConanSan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:30 am Reply with quote
Untill the sun rises on a world without RegionBockClocking, the whole deal is less than safe.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2