• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
TokyoPop

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rozzer

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 7:41 pm Reply with quote
After seeing so many commercials of this Manga company I checked out their website. There are quite a few titles there that I would pick up, but since this is my first time hearing about them I wanted to hear some customer feedback.

How is their customer service?

Are they quick to fill backordered manga or get in the preorder stuff?

Are their shippings on schedule?

Blah blah, you catch my drift... Since being my first time ordering Manga, I just want to make sure I get the best quality for my buck. I'd appreciate any feedback I can get, thanks!
Sword of Whedon

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 9:29 pm Reply with quote
just go to your local bookstore or comic shop
Rozzer

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:27 pm Reply with quote
I wish I could, because where I live there is only one bookstore and they sure as hell don't sell manga there.
Shorty22

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 4:27 pm Reply with quote
I hadn't noticed that you could even order directly from Tokyopop. Is it relatively new? I only go to their website occassionally to look up release date info.

ANYway, you could pick up Tokyopop manga at Amazon.com or another site. I've found that manga is hardly ever discounted, so it's always at MSRP regardless of where you shop. Therefore, shipping is the only thing I bother to pay attention to. At Amazon, they have free standard shipping on orders over $25, so you'd only have pick up 3 mangas to be eligible.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Well, there are a few places to find manga discounted online if you know where to look. http://www.gohastings.com usually has them at about 10% off and Animeten starts at 20% off on most manga titles I've seen that they carry, plus you can earn points on future purchases too. Smile

Not a bad deal if you think about it. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
darkhunter

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 7:12 pm Reply with quote
It's better to shop on other site rather then tokyopop since you're left to pay the 5-6 dollar shipping.

I think Amazon is good if you're spending 25 dollar (free shipping, no tax). 30% discounted on order books listed at 15 dollar or more.

Justmanga.com is also good since they carry all the domestic released and all thier book are discounted (up to 30%). Plus free shipping on 40 dollar and over... save yourself 10 buck.
RedvsBlue

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Although it has not been whithin the 2004 year, I ordered an obscene number of Love Hina and Chobits manga from Tokyopop around November.

They shipped fast, got me all my volumes in one shipment, and aside from the fact that the order was sent to my neighbor (strangly, we happen to have the same last name but no relation.) which can still be easily overlooked because of this.

You can get cheaper elsewhere but if you want to order from Tokyopop, I can't day they didn't do a good job. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1