• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Witch Hunter Robin (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 1:59 am Reply with quote
BlackRose321 wrote:
..hey, could you check out when he made that phone call? He made one in his car sometime after the STNJ attack...or was it the apartment attack? LOL I can't remember but he made one where he said something about not knowing what was going on....

spoiler[Right before the STNJ attack, he received a call where he said "To STNJ? Wait, I didn't hear anything about that. Got it. In any case give me more time." Is that the phone call you are referring to, I'll check and see if I can find another one after the attack. Also, Amon couldn't have just provided that ammo for the apartment attack, because it had been determined he was the only person left who could USE it. OK I just checked and he did make a call after the apartment attack where he said:]

spoiler[ "Don't worry. We've taken care of the police. They'll conduct an investigation, but it's just a formality. I won't let them mess with the scene. Anyways, why did something like this happen?]

spoiler[I take it he is told that Amon didn't do what he was supposed to do during the hunt, because right after that is the scene where he beats that crap out of Amon saying he didn't obey orders.]
BlackRose321

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 11:09 pm Reply with quote
But then how come there were more people on the balcony? It couldn't have been him...could it?...I'm not sure about this anymore. LOL Could you tell me what you think about each hunt again since you have the DVDs? I can't exactly remember which ones I got wrong or right...Warehouse-...Ordered by Zaizen?...because he didn't trust Robin since the circumstances under which she arrived were suspicious. I just thought of this, it might make no sense but what if Zaizen was expecting someone to come from HQ as a spy so he thought it was Robin since it was wierd she came...what was it? Six months after Kate's death? BUT he missed, obviously since it was Doujima.

Which makes me wonder...how long was Doujima there undercover without finding jack?...Not an answerable question though is it...ha ha ha...STNJ- Orbo? Ordered by..don't know who, but by HQ. Not after Robin, was she just like a side mission? Like, if we can get her, get her, if not oh well? Apartment- Okay, out of order here but I don't want to go back. LOL For...Robin? I still can't see how it would have been for the orbo since they came from HQ and HQ knew that Doujima was there for the orbo while Robin was there for the FOW.

Plus, she didn't have any...Could you explain the Amon thing? I can't see how he would get on the balcony in one of those outfits then get back down in time to catch Robin without it...even without the outfit wouldn't she see him? And he was with Zaizen (in the whole orbo thing since he didn't know what was going on really), and Zaizen was going against HQ's orders so Amon can't work for both...Plus, Touko was involved I really don't think he would tie her up and use her as a decoy...he isn't that cold. Laughing I thought HQ tied her up...Then did you say you knew why they waited a month? Like I said, I thought it was because they didn't know where she was other than knowing that she was in Japan. Then helping Doujima gave her away...If that doesn't work I thought it was to let things cool down possibly...
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:00 am Reply with quote
I guess there's no point using the spoiler tag anymore since this whole discussion is a spoiler. The apartment was indeed for Robin, since she had been classified as witch, and the whole purpose of Solomon and STNJ is to hunt witches once they awaken and manifest their power. Amon could have been involved in the apartment attack, after the warehouse, before the apartment he is shown standing on the baclony of a building across from Robin's apartment. From there he would have been able to fire using a scope, which is the only thing you see of the shooter in both the warehouse and apartment attacks. After he shot, he could then have hightailed it across the street to the apartment, although it didn't show him out of breath or anything. But if he was across the street, he wouldn't have needed to wear a tactical suit.

The only thing that disputes that is that the casings for the anti-witch shells are shown on Robins balcony, where they couldn't have been if shot from the other balcony, unless they were just trying to tie Amon to the scene in an easy way. The STNJ attack was just for the orbo, yeah Robin was like a side mission at that point, since she's now a witch they're going to come after her anyway eventually. The warehouse I would say was ordered by Zaizen, but he ordered on orders from HQ. He didn't really go against HQ until the STNJ attack, except from him making the orbo in the first place of course. Amon didn't work for Zaizen per se, his loyalties were to STNJ meaning Solomon. He was just there to hunt witches since he hated them. He didn't know about the orbo.

Also, after the attack on STNJ Amon goes, or is taken back to Solomon, where Julianno orders him to hunt her. If he wasn't involved in the apartment attack then there was no reason for him to tell Touko he's sorry after, and for Zaizen to beat the crap out of him for disobeying orders. I don't think Amon tied her up, but if he did fire the anti-witch bullets, then he wouldn't have gotten there till right before the attack, and if he was across the street, then he may not have known about it.

Certainly Amon couldn't have used a barrier, so there must have been another craft user there. It's unclear how long Doujima was there, but I assume it was sometime after Kate's death. It's not that she wasn't getting any information, just not enough, it's not like she could get into the factory and check everything out. Getting a sample of orbo would be the easiest way to determine what exactly it was and how it worked. They waited a month because she wasn't as important as finding out what the deal with the orbo and what Zaizen was doing with it was. I don't see how helping Doujima would give her away. It's not like they would be able to see her using her powers. Someone would had to have been right there to see it. I think Julianno started getting nervous about Robin at this point and started sending hunters. With each one she killed, he got more and more nervous, until the point where he orders Amon to go hunt her.
BlackRose321

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:25 am Reply with quote
See? Saying Amon was personally involved in the shooting, him shooting as well I mean, would require you adding in things that were never added or addressed, such as him being framed. I don't think the hunt on Robin was ordered by HQ with Zaizen carrying out their orders just because Juliano confessed to the hunt in the apartment but I don't remember hearing anything about the warehouse hunt being mentioned. Oh oh oh, I just thought of something...that doesn't really make sense now that I think it over again. See, what I just thought was the letter confessed to the hunt, the letter got there the day the hunt was ordered...oh wait, no it didn't, the letter had been there for a while...so...hm...I can't connect it. LOL I probably didn't word that Amon-Zaizen thing right, I meant that he followed Zaizen's orders and never seemed to think "What if he is wrong?" he just obeyed. There was a reason for him to say sorry- He was to kill/capture Robin in the warehouse hunt but he failed causing the hunt on the apartment which got her shot.

About the barrier, I said that about a day or two ago and someone said that you don't need to be a craft user to use an Ogham circle...I'm not so sure though...I might have to check that out...You think like me on the part about the orbo. I said that it could have been because of the orbo but she said "They could have done two things at once..." but I kept thinking that could have had something to do with it. Somehow that part about Juliano getting nervous...kind of makes sense but I didn't know Amon was ordered to hunt her, I thought he did it on his own...
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:49 am Reply with quote
Well if you're going to divine things, which is the main purpose of an Ogham circle, you certainly don't have to be a craft user/witch. As far as how things work in the world of WHR, I'm fairly certain that only craft users use ogham circles. Otherwise someone like Doujima would be using the circles during her hunts. The letter would have arrived after the warehouse attack, but before the apartment one.

When Robin finally meets up with Amon again at Noguras, he confesses that Julianno himself had ordered him to hunt her. At which point Robin doesn't understand why he would order such a thing, this is where Amon pulls out the letter and hands it to Robin. Robin says "Amon, it was you?" Which also leads me to believe he was involved in the apartment attack. In any case, I'm not trying to add things that weren't addressed about Amon at the apartment. All I'm saying is that we know that Amon is the only one who can use the anti-witch shells, and they were used both at the warehouse and the apartment. That implicates him. Unless there is someone that they don't know about that can use them. Amon certainly did at the warehouse, so it only makes since if they were used again he must have done it. The view through the scope of both of the guns used is the same, but that doesn't prove anything.
BlackRose321

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 1:10 am Reply with quote
He went back and got the letter AFTER the attack on the apartment and before the attack on the STNJ, the letter talked about the hunt...on the STNJ...no on the apartment but...wait. Amon said that if he hadn't of read it he would not have gotten there to save her so...why did the letter talk about the STNJ attack when it was for orbo...it was for the apartment attack but he took it after the attack so how would it have helped?

Was there ever a witch at the warehouse even? What was up with the Ogham circle?...I didn't mean add things like make things up, I meant you had to add in the part of assuming that he would have been on the other balcony shooting, but then you'd have to wonder why he wouldn't be out of breath and if he would even be able to get there in time...I can't remember how far away it was...Maybe he wasn't the only one who could USE them, but he was the only one at the STNJ that was around during the time that they were used...These aren't important questions but I was wondering: Do you think they survived at the end? Were they in love? (Yea, I know thats been asked to death but I'm a girl and I like romance. LOL) Why did Amon break up with Touko in the first place? How do you think the Live Action thing will work out? Wink
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 1:22 am Reply with quote
Perhaps the letter merely spoke of a hunt, but wasn't specific, and of course we know that Zaizen had told him not to interfere with the hunt, so maybe after reading the letter he decided that Robin wasn't so dangerous, until after he had talked to Julianno at headquaters and changed Amon's mind? Who knows. If the attack on the warehouse was preplanned, which it was since they were after a phantom witch, and HQ was involved with it, as I think, they could have sent a craft user to setup the barriers beforehand.

I'm not sure why Amon and Touko split, yea I'm pretty sure they survived, everyone at STNJ seems to think so, and the girl at Nogura's, the gatekeeper horoscope when Robin first arrived said that his lucky color is black, and at the end the girl that shows up looks like Robin, and his horoscope says "A wonderful encounter. Your lucky color is black." So I think it's a safe bet they're alive. Yeah I gues they were in love. If nothing else there is definitely a strong connection there. I'm not sure how the live action will work out, it depends on if it's going to be set after the series, or is a retelling of it. I look forward to it though
BlackRose321

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 3:09 pm Reply with quote
I thought it was speaking of a certain hunt because I think Robin said something about him taking it like "It was you?" or something like that. Then he said something about if he hadn't taken it he wouldn't have gotten there in time to save her, to which I assumed he meant the STNJ one since he did save her. I don't remember him talking to Juliano, I remember them coming back (From where I don't know) or just getting in at the STNJ and someone (The guard maybe?) telling Robin had a visitor. Then they went and talked alone...That makes sense with HQ being involved because of the Ogham circle. I thought the girl at the end looked like Robin... Wink Maybe the letter was to apologize for the hunt in the warehouse?...or...no that can't be it, then it wouldn't have warned Amon....geez, I still can't connect that letter. LOL
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Yes when Robin gets the letter she says "Amon, it was you?" But this is before she ever reads it, right after Amon gives her the envelope. He talked to Julianno at Solomon HQ, we never see Amon at HQ, but he tells robin at that same time he gives her the letter, that he was ordered to hunt her by Julianno. "At Solomon headquarters, I was ordered to hunt you be a certain person, The most prestigious hunter trainer at Solomon, and the man who raised you... Juliano Colegui.
BlackRose321

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Oh, see, I forgot that. LOL But did he mean all of the hunts...well, the warehouse hunt anyways....I thought it would mean that he was ordered to hunt her then, when he changed his mind. Okay, recap of what you said. LOL Warehouse: HQ ordered it? (Still not sure about that since Amon hadn't spoken to Juliano yet.) For Robin because...had she been classified as a witch at that point? If so, why didn't they keep trying? Why weren't the other hunters warned? Apartment: HQ to kill/capture Robin because Juliano was worried. STNJ: For the orbo, Robin was a side mission. Later hunts: Ordered a month later because of the orbo...when they got time they hunted her?
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Warehouse : HQ. If orders came down from HQ Amon would have followed them, well the orders would have come from HQ and then through Zaizen. At this point Juliano didn't have to be the one to order the hunt, since Robin had killed a witch, she was reclassified a witch, so anyone at HQ could have ordered her hunt. Apartment: HQ , STNJ: for the orbo, get Robin if you can if not no big deal. Later hunts ordered by Juliano because he was becoming even more afraid of Robin, and with each hunter sent, the more afraid he became, until he sent in Amon to hunt her.
BlackRose321

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Thanks a lot. That sounds pretty good, do you mind if I post that somewhere else? If I have any other questions I'll e-mail you. Wink Laughing
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:59 pm Reply with quote
I don't mind, sure I do know about other shows than just WHR you know! Wink
BlackRose321

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Okay, so to keep this thread from getting deleted, would you respond to a Wolf's Rain thread if I made one? I need help with it or would you rather have an e-mail?
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 7:26 pm Reply with quote
It's up to you and how fast you want a reply, and of course whether you want more than one person to answer you. I usually get my emails fairly quick after they are sent, it's iffy about when I'm on here. I would respond to Wolf's Rain, but I've only seen like 1 episode at the moment, so I don't think I could help you there Anime cry
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5