• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yuruyuri School Comedy Manga Gets 2nd Anime Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cryssoberyl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:21 am Reply with quote
This is quite excellent.
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:40 pm Reply with quote
superunature wrote:
rejer wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
Yes! So happy about this. I knew it would happen eventually since the sales were quite good, but I'm very happy to have confirmation nonetheless.

Do you know how much sales it made?

for this type of anime (low budget, newcomer casts)
it did decently well, 8000~ or so blu-ray disks sell per volume.
I am quite surprised they are able to announce a second season that quickly with the minimal manga material currently available. (54chapters, 16 specials), 2/3rd described season 1.
In comparison, K-on sold ~30000 per volume, Madoka sold ~55000 per volume. but those anime are higher budget.
however, because of yuru yuri anime, its manga magazine Comic yuri hime S had substential increase in sales.

personally, I want oreimo season 2, with the very nice sale ~20000 per volume, and plenty of material, im surprised it hasn't been green lit yet

I am waiting so bad for an announcement of another OreImo season. Also I want there to be a bluray release over here. Aniplex only had it as a DVD release, and the show was even produced in HD. Come on...

I guess I should watch Yuru Yuri judging from the comments in here. I heard mixed things, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to watch it. I'll see then if I am wanting a second season.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:33 pm Reply with quote
I've watch the series (1st season), its funny but its little disturbing in someways.

One thing that did confuse me, is the series acted like there was previous series/season. Were they referring to the Manga?
prince the ripper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:53 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I want oreimo season 2, with the very nice sale ~20000 per volume, and plenty of material, im surprised it hasn't been green lit yet

there probely already doing it cause in a special kyousuke's friend says "you;ll find out next season" and his sister says"nice plugin"

and cant wait for more yuruyuri,that means more chitose Very Happy[/quote]
aereus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:46 am Reply with quote
Good to see. Yuru Yuri is pandering to be sure, but it's cute and has fun characters and keeps it silly rather than getting too explicit.

TOSHINO KYOUKO. Etc.

On OreImo S2: Please no Sad I can't take any more rage at how poorly that author writes characters...
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:03 am Reply with quote
[quote="EnigmaticSky"][quote="superunature"]
rejer wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
personally, I want oreimo season 2, with the very nice sale ~20000 per volume, and plenty of material, im surprised it hasn't been green lit yet

I am waiting so bad for an announcement of another OreImo season. Also I want there to be a bluray release over here. Aniplex only had it as a DVD release, and the show was even produced in HD. Come on...

I think for Oremo we need to wait for a few more Light Novels before a 2nd season comes. The Anime went up to novel 5 and there's only been 8 published. I or 2 more would be good i recon
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2