• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yen Adds Hero Tales, Wakaba-Soh, Spice & Wolf Novels

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omnistry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:31 pm Reply with quote
I am very excited to see Spice & Wolf's novels get a release out here. The show was one of this year's biggest surprises, and from what I heard the novels are hard to put down once you begin reading.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:

Spice and Wolf will be a good read, I'll be looking forward to that one. Now we just need for the anime to see a license.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-07-05/kadokawa-usa-announces-six-new-anime
Spice and Wolf technically is licensed for the US, but I have no idea how soon it'll come out.
And I'm glad to hear that the light novels are being released, I always like to see how the original differs from the subsequent releases. Now I just want someone to get the Library War light novels and I'll be content.
Symmetrical_Magician

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:04 pm Reply with quote
I haven't read or seen any of these previously, but I've been very impressed with Yen's selections so far. After just reading the first Yen Plus, that feeling has strengthened, so I'll definitely check some of these out.

I really hope this company sees a lot of success in the future. They deserve it, and it would suck if they somehow managed to go under before releasing Soul Eater. Not to mention Spice and Wolf, which sounds pretty good.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Awesome, I've been hoping for Jūshin Enbu to come over here. Spice and Wolf sounds good too.
Panda Man

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:27 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Spice and Wolf will be a good read, I'll be looking forward to that one. Now we just need for the anime to see a license.

Spice and Wolf technically is licensed for the US, but I have no idea how soon it'll come out.
And I'm glad to hear that the light novels are being released, I always like to see how the original differs from the subsequent releases. Now I just want someone to get the Library War light novels and I'll be content.

As far as I know, Kadokawa is waiting for someone to join with them in releasing it. I expect Bandai, but, I may be wrong.
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:10 am Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Yeah, I've read that (points to Rental Magica avatar), but without that all mighty distributor it may as well be unlicensed. Even the encyclopedia isn't listing Kadokawa USA as an English company on any of those shows entries. There's no actual guarantee that any of these shows will see the light of day which annoys the hell out of me. I also doubt they've actually put any work into these titles yet which means if/when they find a distributor it could still be another year on top of that before they're released. The way I see it (based on their communications with Anime Suki) they're only doing this as a further attempt to cut off fansubs.

But that's getting off topic. Yay Yen Press licenses!

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ximpalullaorg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:40 am Reply with quote
I'm very interested in the Spice & Wolf novels, but unless they put out a reliable date (and that will happen in several months I think), the announcement itself has very little impact.
As for the anime, my understanding was that Kadokawa simply blocked it to avoid problems with its own Japanese streaming service, basically a protectionist move. There's no guarantee it'll ever see a release outside Japan.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2