×
  • remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gonzo to Stream Linebarrels of Iron on Crunchyroll Today


Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LordPrometheus





PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Wow. This is a pretty amazing step for a Japanese company to take. I really don't like Crunchyroll for their role in internet anime piracy, but I have to applaud the forward thinking of Gonzo on this one, to stream it literally hours after it broadcasts. I may just have to check this out.
Back to top
Labbes



Joined: 09 Feb 2008
Posts: 890
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:10 pm Reply with quote
LordPrometheus wrote:
Wow. This is a pretty amazing step for a Japanese company to take. I really don't like Crunchyroll for their role in internet anime piracy, but I have to applaud the forward thinking of Gonzo on this one, to stream it literally hours after it broadcasts. I may just have to check this out.


They did the same thing with Tower of Druaga, Blassreiter and Strike Witches, but I can only recommend Tower of Druaga out of these 3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
samuelp
Industry Insider


Joined: 25 Nov 2007
Posts: 2190
Location: San Antonio, USA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Linebarrels is Gonzo's "A" title right now, it's their big one. Them putting it out on CR simultaneously is a big step. (Or maybe a desperate move...)

Who knows if it's any good, but I guess we'll find out. Any word on BOST or youtube?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
walw6pK4Alo



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 9321
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:34 pm Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
Linebarrels is Gonzo's "A" title right now, it's their big one. Them putting it out on CR simultaneously is a big step. (Or maybe a desperate move...)

Who knows if it's any good, but I guess we'll find out. Any word on BOST or youtube?


It's not desperate or daring at all, it's the same they've been doing with their other shows, they figure it's just the best way to get their shows out there legally and faster, which is a progressive and western way of thinking that the other japanese anime companies don't possess.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Daimao Raki



Joined: 03 Jul 2008
Posts: 593
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Gonna be hard the fansubbers to justify putting up this title when Gonzo has it two hours after its debut in Japan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Tofusensei



Joined: 15 Feb 2008
Posts: 365
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Have you guys not been paying attention to what's been going on with the other Gonzo titles this year? You're acting like this is unprecedented... In fact, 2 hours after airing is 2 hours slower than the other titles they did this for.

-Tofu
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zaeris



Joined: 15 Feb 2008
Posts: 102
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Gonna be hard the fansubbers to justify putting up this title when Gonzo has it two hours after its debut in Japan.


thats easy, they have no justification... what you will see are Rips from streams or sub rips either way it just plain pirating.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LordPrometheus





PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Tofusensei wrote:
Have you guys not been paying attention to what's been going on with the other Gonzo titles this year? You're acting like this is unprecedented... In fact, 2 hours after airing is 2 hours slower than the other titles they did this for.

-Tofu


Nope, I guess not. This was the first I'd heard of nearly simultaneous airings. *shrugs* It's still pretty cool, either way.
Back to top
Teriyaki Terrier



Joined: 26 Mar 2008
Posts: 5689
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Good old Crunchyroll, this is one site that constantly takes money away from the members and states that their own doing this for the fans.

After I offically quit Crunchyroll and deleted my account, I wondered if Crunchyroll would clean up their act. This information proves they hadn't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
walw6pK4Alo



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 9321
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Daimao Raki wrote:
Gonna be hard the fansubbers to justify putting up this title when Gonzo has it two hours after its debut in Japan.


Yes it is, so we just rip this instead. Though, we've still noticed errors in these "official" releases as well, and the quality is usually awful.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
firedragon54738



Joined: 24 Sep 2007
Posts: 3112
Location: wisconsin
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:28 pm Reply with quote
yes that good news
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
britannicamoore



Joined: 05 Dec 2005
Posts: 2618
Location: Out.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Makes me happy. Still hoping one day other titles, bleach or naruto gets the crunchy nod. I want to see this show, but those are the real money makers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Amiantos



Joined: 30 Jan 2008
Posts: 305
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:08 pm Reply with quote
GONZO made a mistake if it's only CR stream and not a dl like BOST as only a niche will actually watch streamed. CR I've tried before and it was god awful in every aspect. Video and sound was complete shit unless you were a pay member which paying them is only to their own profit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
walw6pK4Alo



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 9321
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:13 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
Makes me happy. Still hoping one day other titles, bleach or naruto gets the crunchy nod. I want to see this show, but those are the real money makers.


You won't, because like I said, GONZO is basically the only studio with a progressive thought process, instead of the usual xenophobic and reactionary Japanese one, which is why titles usually take 2 years to get here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tofusensei



Joined: 15 Feb 2008
Posts: 365
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
After I offically quit Crunchyroll and deleted my account, I wondered if Crunchyroll would clean up their act. This information proves they hadn't.


How is being a legit, authorized distributor for a show make them evil? I'm confused.

-Tofu
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group