• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - October 4th - 10th

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Unfortunately it appears that Cartoon Network/Adult Swim is phasing out anime. From what I heard it'll be another couple of weeks before the next episode of Naruto. The 2nd movie will be on next week but that's it. They'll honor their contracts by airing whatever episodes they have yet to broadcast, but in the long run I'll be surprised if anything other than Pokemon and Bakugan are still airing on a regular basis by the start of 2009.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
Sirenlove

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:13 pm Reply with quote
freaking cartoon network!!! ugh! I got to see all of DBZ because of them! i used to run home for it back in the day! when I got older I DVRed it. didn't batman beyond used to be in there too? or atleast it came on before it. I used to love that show. guess people are gonna have to spring for the anime network now. I dont even know how much it costs, assuming its available in area/through subscriber.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Sirenlove wrote:
freaking cartoon network!!! ugh! I got to see all of DBZ because of them! i used to run home for it back in the day! when I got older I DVRed it. didn't batman beyond used to be in there too? or atleast it came on before it. I used to love that show. guess people are gonna have to spring for the anime network now. I don't even know how much it costs, assuming its available in area/through subscriber.

I think that they still offer on-demand for TAN but the network itself ended awhile ago. The Funimation Channel is still around, but it's only in a few areas, so good luck getting it.
Iritscen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:58 pm Reply with quote
SSJ Gohan 64 wrote:
Nebs wrote:

I'm pretty sure Cartoon Network isn't available in HD, so it's not just a Comcast thing. & yeah, the thing is rated TV-14-V. Should survive unedited.
Actually, there is a Cartoon Network HD.

Sure is. Although you're not missing much unless you really like to see non-HD animé broadcast in Stretch-O-Vision. After a couple weeks of watching fat Naruto, chunky Balsa, and fat, er, surprisingly-normal-width Lelouch, I told my DVR to start recording the SD broadcast instead.

I'm still *this* close to canceling TV altogether and subsisting on an entertainment diet of NetFlix and Hulu and wherever else the few shows I watch are available online. Just gotta figure out what kind of bad things happen to me if I cancel my 2 year contract with Dish Network.

P.S. Did anyone watch Gotham Knight? I already own it so I didn't, but I'd like to know if they left the most violent part in (hint, decapitation).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2