• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: PlayStation Vita Sells 321,407 in 1st 2 Days in Japan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:19 am Reply with quote
What I find interesting is that the week before from 12/5 to 12/11 the PSP sold over 51,000 units while the DS sold 19,000 units prior to the release of the 3DS. Kinda curious what the PSP sales will be like for the week of the Vita release. Also wondering if the 3DS selling 350,000 units prior to the PSV release impacted the Vita's sales. Maybe Sony should have pushed for a Monster Hunter launch title. Wink

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
metroid24

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:36 am Reply with quote
i knew it wasent gonna get a huge sales record like the psp looked good on paper but sony once again dosent deliver plus no good games
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:16 am Reply with quote
a.k.a. PS Vita Fat. Y'know they gonna come out with the more fashionable PS Vita Slim. Probably will wait for that instead. Laughing
Angel Feathers

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:56 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
a.k.a. PS Vita Fat. Y'know they gonna come out with the more fashionable PS Vita Slim. Probably will wait for that instead. Laughing

This is exactly why I hold off buying new game systems. Because later on when they release an updated version (which usually costs less) I think "ugh why did I waste my money on this thing when I could've waited for a cooler, cheaper version? Anime cry "
kakoishii

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Angel Feathers wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

This is exactly why I hold off buying new game systems. Because later on when they release an updated version (which usually costs less) I think "ugh why did I waste my money on this thing when I could've waited for a cooler, cheaper version? Anime cry "

Not only that, but it is always better to wait until they release a new version where they essentially "get the kinks out." The first version is typically far from perfect, and I'm nobody's guinea pig, so I too will wait.
Primus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:44 pm Reply with quote
metroid24 wrote:
i knew it wasent gonna get a huge sales record like the psp looked good on paper but sony once again dosent deliver plus no good games

Someone who has a Nintendo reference as their username should try to be less transparent. Vita's debut was twice that of PSP's...
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
metroid24 wrote:

Someone who has a Nintendo reference as their username should try to be less transparent. Vita's debut was twice that of PSP's...

And not that far behind the mighty Nintendo's latest. If anything this was a huge success for them.

I'm tempted to get one of these as soon as possible even if something better (with video output...) is likely to come along later just because I have big hands and the chunkier early models are more comfortable for me.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1