• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Deux Press Announces New Boys-Love Manga Titles

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Do we really need more of this garbage? It's more repetitive than magical girlfriend harem titles. Though I guess it sells, somehow.
testorschoice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:26 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Do we really need more of this garbage?

Do we "need" more BL manga as a matter of necessity, life or death, or basic subsistence? Well, no. Do we need someone asking such rhetorical questions about something that never promised to be more than entertainment for those who enjoy it? No.
sunflower

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Oh, those are some great titles! I can't wait to get them.

As for the person above: Yes, we do need it! ^___^ Anything that helps to lighten someone's day is worthwhile in my opinion. There's enough to be sad about in this world that those who bring smiles to anyone's face are to be commended and encouraged.
gynocrat_rex

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:00 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Do we really need more of this garbage? It's more repetitive than magical girlfriend harem titles. Though I guess it sells, somehow.

Very Happy Are you serious? What a rude comment.

When our allergies act up, we all get medicine. Some medicine comes in different flavors like grape or bubble-gum. Depending on what kind of mommy you have, you might even get icky medicine-tasting medicine... Crying or Very sad

Yaoi fans have lots of mommies. We have Deux Press, June, 801, Yaoi Press, BLU, and Yaoi Generation--ergo, we get lots of different flavors.

Obviously, you're not an allergy sufferer so I must know...dying to know... WHAT DO YOU CARE WHAT YAOI PUBLISHERS ARE DOING FOR YAOI FANS?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Toshirodragon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Fan-FREAKING-tastic!!! I missed Deux's panel at Yaoi con but I gave them LOTS of monetary love in the Dealer's Room! Laughing

That is one of my Favorite Yamato Nase titles too! *extra squee*
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:59 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

Do we need half the shonen titles Viz brings us?
Do we NEED ANY manga, really?
BL is basically Harlequin ROmance.
If you don't like it, ignore it as the rest of us do
However, it's all commercial product (shonen, shojo, whatever) so there's a basic formula to most of it, isn't there? Shonen is gather your team of heroes & go fight the big bad. Maybe your hero is bad enough he doesn't need a team, but then it's still go fight the menace to society as we know it.

Michalski. Wow.
Yeah.
And what's her name-Koujima? (Our Kingdom) Yeah.
juno_senei

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:21 pm Reply with quote
testorschoice wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Do we really need more of this garbage?

Do we "need" more BL manga as a matter of necessity, life or death, or basic subsistence? Well, no. Do we need someone asking such rhetorical questions about something that never promised to be more than entertainment for those who enjoy it? No.

gynocrat_rex wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

Very Happy Are you serious? What a rude comment.

Obviously, you're not an allergy sufferer so I must know...dying to know... WHAT DO YOU CARE WHAT YAOI PUBLISHERS ARE DOING FOR YAOI FANS?

*rolls eyes*

seriously, we all have our own preferences -- it's as simple as that. there's no need to get defensive ^^;;

Ooo...that Noodle Shop Affair looks udderly adorable *makes a mental to note to self*

*exits post*
poonk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:13 pm Reply with quote
juno_senei wrote:
seriously, we all have our own preferences -- it's as simple as that. there's no need to get defensive ^^;;
Er, if you were referring to gynocrat_rex and CCSYueh being defensive, I really wouldn't say they were unduly so. After all, this thread was opened with a blanket insult to an entire genre, irrelevant to the titles in question. I thought their reactions were perfectly appropriate for that troll-like comment.

ANYWAY-- I recently read Yamato Nase's Take Me to Heaven via scanalations and thought it was pretty sweet; I'll probably pick it up whenever it's published. I just wish Chintsubu would be licensed already. *crosses fingers*

And I just know I've read Michaelski's Noodle Shop Affair at one point or another; I just don't know the Japanese title. I'll probably check that one out too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
juno_senei

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:09 pm Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
Er, if you were referring to gynocrat_rex and CCSYueh being defensive, I really wouldn't say they were unduly so. After all, this thread was opened with a blanket insult to an entire genre, irrelevant to the titles in question.

True, true.

poonk wrote:
And I just know I've read Michaelski's Noodle Shop Affair at one point or another; I just don't know the Japanese title. I'll probably check that one out too.

I've been a victim of that as well...which landed me with duplicates of something I've already read =_=
blueharlequin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:19 am Reply with quote
juno_senei wrote:

poonk wrote:

I've been a victim of that as well...which landed me with duplicates of something I've already read =_=

Secret Connection. There are three of them but they all have different titles.

Himitsu na Kankei {Secret Connection} 2002
Naisho na Kankei {Secret Connection} 2004
Honto no Kankei {Secret Connection} 2005
juno_senei

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:31 am Reply with quote
blueharlequin wrote:
juno_senei wrote:

poonk wrote:

Secret Connection. There are three of them but they all have different titles.

Himitsu na Kankei {Secret Connection} 2002
Naisho na Kankei {Secret Connection} 2004
Honto no Kankei {Secret Connection} 2005

*_* man, that's confusing. so, are those the duplicates that you own? hahaha!!
blueharlequin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:33 am Reply with quote
juno_senei wrote:

*_* man, that's confusing. so, are those the duplicates that you own? hahaha!!

No, it's a series, they are three different books.
marzipan.dragon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Deux - what a great selection!
liannesentar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:09 pm Reply with quote
That makes four different English-language publishers for Hinako Takanaga now (DramaQueen, BLU, DMP/801, and now Deux). Good for her! When she's good, she's REALLY good, so she deserves the recognition, methinks.
Toshirodragon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:01 pm Reply with quote
liannesentar wrote:
That makes four different English-language publishers for Hinako Takanaga now (DramaQueen, BLU, DMP/801, and now Deux). Good for her! When she's good, she's REALLY good, so she deserves the recognition, methinks.

Not that DramaQueen counts as a publisher anymore Wink
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1