• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Street Fighter IV Fighting Game to Get Anime Feature

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fronzel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Contrary to the conventional wisdom about video game anime, I've found most Street Fighter stuff to be lots of fun. Plus, Studio 4°C is almost an auotmatic win. I'll watch it.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:17 pm Reply with quote
I still need to finish watching Street Fighter II V. But, with them coming out with one around the same time as the new game, I don't think they can lose as well.
braves

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Sweet. More Street Fighter anime is always welcome, as long as it's better than the TV series. The nostalgia factor of SF always brings me back. Anime smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
abstract-alchemist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Hmm...

Studio 4C is always a good studio, makes some of the "surrealistic" stuff. With that in mind, I'll definitely be watching this one, but won't be holding very high expectations because the nature of anime from video games has always been one from mediocrity to down right bottom of the barrel crap. The Street Fighter series in general is good when it concentrates on it's core goals, that is of awesome fight choreography and animation. It almost inevitably goes down the drain when the producers and directors decide to try to make a story out it.

With both these concepts in mind, I'll be watching this topic with mixed feelings.
bleuster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Sakura is going to be in the home console editions of Street Fighter IV.
Out of all the SF films, though, the live action one with Van Dam is my favorite.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Anton Chigurh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:08 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
I still need to finish watching Street Fighter II V. But, with them coming out with one around the same time as the new game, I don't think they can lose as well.

Every day I boot up my PC, I pray for news of a sequel to this series. So far no luck.

Guess this new series will have to do. Though Chun Li has honestly never looked better in a cartoon/movie than in V.
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:29 pm Reply with quote
That sounds promising !! i hope that it will at the same level or better than the animated movie and V series ! I hated Alpha & Alpha Generations (especially the latter).
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:49 pm Reply with quote
I'm all for a new Street Fighter anime, I just pray when it gets dubbed that they go with someone other than Lia Sargent. I think she's a good voice actor and all, but she never sounded 'right' for Chun-Li.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:05 pm Reply with quote
LuckySeven wrote:
I'm all for a new Street Fighter anime, I just pray when it gets dubbed that they go with someone other than Lia Sargent. I think she's a good voice actor and all, but she never sounded 'right' for Chun-Li.

Then, you have no worries. Lia Sargent hasn't been heard from in a long while. Laughing
Kyosuke_

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:04 am Reply with quote
In my opinion this is the best Street Fighter scene of all time (from City Hunter live action with Jackie Chan) Very Happy
RauTwilight

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:45 am Reply with quote
Cool another Street Fighter anime, well I enjoyed IIV and the movies so this bring nothing but a Smile to my face.
LeoKnight25

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:53 am Reply with quote
About time some more Street Fighter stuff gets animated. I have to point out though, that the writer for the article didn't mention the 1994 "Street Fighter II Movie" animated film as one of the previous releases. Anyway, this ought to be really cool. Studio 4C is a great animation house and I'm sure they'll do a good job with it. My only gripe is that it's only going to be an hour? They should go for a full length film...there's enough story to be had for 90-100 minutes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Awsome,I always loved street fighter animes,Loved the 2 alpha movies,and of course the first street fighter 2 the animated movie and street fighter 2 V
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1