• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Unreleased FUNimation Licenses Update Thread

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nocturne123

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:18 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Nocturne123 wrote:
Or release stuff that has restrictions placed on certain series. Funimation tends to go out of their way to please fans. I don't get the hate at all.

A "we're working on it" would be fine; a "we've dropped it like the dead rotting fish it is" {like Tatami Galaxy} would also be acceptable. No comments on old shows as they only get older is neither.

"Robotics;Notes will be dubbed"
No, I didn't expect it to be Funimation's first subbed only home release but thanks, Funimation, for keeping me abreast on the show that just finished airing.

Maybe I need to fault the quality of the Q and A'ers. Why can't they ask pertinent questions for a change?

The Robotics Notes answer was from a question someone wrote in. They answered a legitimate question that a fan asked.
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:47 pm Reply with quote
https://www.facebook.com/KyleHebertVO/posts/565450290167145
Quote:
Just got the blessing to announce I will be returning as Gohan for the Buu Saga of Dragonball Z Kai. No release or broadcast dates for now. For those who overlooked Kai because of the edits on TV, remember its UNCUT on DVD/blu ray. Pretty psyched to return to the role that began my VO career. Recording in a few weeks.

https://twitter.com/kylehebert/status/326843109084377088
Quote:
Just got the blessing to announce I will be returning as Gohan for the Buu Saga of Dragonball Z Kai. No release or broadcast dates for now.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Wait what? Last time I checked ANN it says Kai only has 98 episodes (all of which I own) and it ends with the Cell Saga. Confused

Anyway, I really hope it ends there because the Buu Saga was terrible and Kai is better off without it.
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Wait what? Last time I checked ANN it says Kai only has 98 episodes (all of which I own) and it ends with the Cell Saga. Confused

Dragon Ball Z Kai's Japanese Cast Records New Episodes (from November 6, 2012).
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:48 pm Reply with quote
That shows you how great and dedicated a guy Kyle Hebert is. Even though he lives in L.A. now and does most of his work there, he's still willing to travel all the way back to Texas any time he needs to reprise a role. Even though he's admitted that it costs a lot and he usually ends up paying for it out of his own pocket, he loves doing voice work so much it doesn't bother him.

It's a lot more than certain other actors are willing to do. *cough*JeffNimoy*cough
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:04 am Reply with quote
Wow, I can't believe there aren't more VAs willing to pay out of their own pockets to do a job. Those others who expect to get paid FOR DOING WORK are just a bunch of greedy a-holes. Rolling Eyes
WTK

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:15 pm Reply with quote
One of the forgotten licenses could be coming later this year on home video.

The sub notation has to be typo (meaning the dub could go up for EVS members on June 4th).

http://www.funimation.com/schedule/subscription/coming-soon
Quote:
We Without Wings 1-12 Sub TV-MA 06/04/13

Last edited by WTK on Thu May 16, 2013 7:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Interesting. We Without Wings was one of those strange shows for me where I'm going, "this kinda isn't working for me, but I kinda wanna own it anyway."
WTK

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:35 pm Reply with quote
https://twitter.com/ItachiIshtar/status/335219277009408000
Quote:
According to @joshkocurek , One Piece: Strong World releases this November! First time we got a month, I believe! #OnePieceMarathon
WTK

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:49 pm Reply with quote
https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/335828373899190272
Quote:
Additional rights for #AttackOnTitan just announced at @animecentral. Anticipated home video release beginning in 2014.

https://twitter.com/NebsTV/status/335821693450858496
Quote:
Rojas is going to announce something HUGE once the @FUNimation Facebook page gets a million likes! #FUNiPanelACEN #acen
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:43 am Reply with quote
WTK wrote:

Quote:
Rojas is going to announce something HUGE once the @FUNimation Facebook page gets a million likes! #FUNiPanelACEN #acen

Hmm, I wonder. Part of me is excited, but another part of me wants to not over hype myself as a.) who knows how long it'll take em to get to 1 mil. Maybe a month if were lucky? b.) there is always the chance that maybe the announcement may not be THAT amazing, at least not as much as they hype (for all we know it could just be "We got the rights for that new DBZ movie, but I'd like to think it wouldnt be that small an announcement lol)

But hey, time will tell, hopin its a good one Very Happy
Rukiia

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:41 am Reply with quote
publicenemy333 wrote:
WTK wrote:

Quote:

Hmm, I wonder. Part of me is excited, but another part of me wants to not over hype myself as a.) who knows how long it'll take em to get to 1 mil. Maybe a month if were lucky? b.) there is always the chance that maybe the announcement may not be THAT amazing, at least not as much as they hype (for all we know it could just be "We got the rights for that new DBZ movie, but I'd like to think it wouldnt be that small an announcement lol)

But hey, time will tell, hopin its a good one Very Happy

I just hope it won't be something lame. They made a big deal about this last time and the announcement turned out to be the home release of Shangri-La. No offense to people who like the show but that series really wasn't worth all the hype.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:20 am Reply with quote
we also got a thank you video from Gen.
WTK

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:52 pm Reply with quote
An unexpected busy month of August (Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail (OVA), Eureka Seven: AO (Astral Ocean), Guilty Crown, Haganai, High School DxD, The Future Diary).

What's else could be scheduled for September (outside of Is This Zombie? of the Dead, LASTEXILE -Fam, The Silver Wing-, and Michiko & Hatchin)? Could August release(s) be delayed to this month? And could we see previously noted as FUNimation streaming licenses getting released later this year?

Quote:
  • Michiko & Hatchin [Home video format: TBA] | 9/17/2013
    - English cast announced
  • Sankarea [Home video format: TBA] | Fall 2013
    ------
  • One Piece: Strong World (Movie 10) [DVD & Blu-ray] | November 2013
  • BLOOD-C: The Last Dark (Movie) [DVD & Blu-ray] | Winter 2013
  • Wolf Children (Movie) [DVD & Blu-ray] | Fall/Winter 2013
  • Fairy Tail: The Movie [Home video format: TBA] | Winter 2013
    ------
  • Maken-ki! Battling Venus [Home video format: TBA] | 2013
  • Jormungand [Home video format: TBA] | 2013
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦
  • Ikki Tousen – Great Guardians [Home video format: TBA]
  • Ikki Tousen – Xtreme Xecutor [Home video format: TBA]
  • Space Battleship Yamato Resurrection (Movie) [Home video format: TBA]
    ------
  • Aquarion EVOL [Home video format: TBA]
    - Subtitled version scheduled to stream for FUNimation.com EVS members starting on May 28th
  • We Without Wings - Under the Innocent Sky [DVD & Blu-ray] | Was 2012
    - Dubbed (?) version scheduled to stream for FUNimation.com EVS members starting on June 4th
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:31 am Reply with quote
I'd certainly like to see Funi start coughing up the Ikki Tousen titles.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 16 of 20