• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Unreleased FUNimation Licenses Update Thread

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fireaxe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:50 pm Reply with quote
So it'll most likely get solicited almost 2 years after it's original TV run... I know, different titles, different delays, but it does seem to me that funi's release schedules got incredibly unpredictable this past year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
Now I kinda wish I had those figures. Maybe if I see them at a convention or something down the road I'll snap em up. I wasn't too keen on PSG when I first saw it, but it grew on me, and the merchandise is pretty tempting.

Panty is awesome, Stocking is...eh. Her face looks weird. If you're not huge into the show and just want a set of nice looking figures, I'd suggest getting Alters (Stocking's tits are huge) or waiting to see if GSC does anything scaled. Then again, if you're like me and just love the fact that they're on stripper poles because it's highly amusing, who am I to tell you what to do?

braves wrote:
@The King of Harts heh, your PSG setup is pretty cool. Mad respect.

Thank you, fellow PSG enthusiast braves! The show that brings out my deep love for American cartoons and anime at the exact same time deserves nothing less than an awesome display.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:35 am Reply with quote
The stripper pole part really is an appealing aspect to it all. I can forgive a less than perfect sculpt if it's done in an interesting way like that Smile I may have to get that Alter version too, but I gotta wait until I see a full colored model. It's hard for me to get a real feel of a figure with just the prototype pics, and Alter can be hit or miss with me. Now if GSC did a figure, I'd be ready to snap it up right away since I can't think of a single GSC figure I own that I don't like.
WTK

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:11 am Reply with quote
Mass Effect: Paragon Lost

LINK - estimate is now Fall 2012 (was Summer 2012); link also give some sneak peek stills to the 2D anime film
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:40 am Reply with quote
I wasn't even aware of Mass Effect: Paragon Lost. Interesting that Funimation is actually involved in the creation process as opposed to just licensing the title. Oh and the woman interviewing Justin Rojas is a babe.
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Yet another update on the release date for the Armitage movies (via Amazon.com): 7/24/2012. It remains to be seen if this release date will hold for this release (TRSI has yet to re-list this release).
gsilver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:38 pm Reply with quote
I find myself very tempted to import the Blu-Rays of Serial Experiments Lain and Haibane Renmei, but I keep getting this nagging feeling that as soon as I do, Funimation will announce their Blu-Ray releases of them.

You heard it here first, folks: It's all my fault that they aren't yet available in North America on Blu-ray Laughing
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:13 am Reply with quote
gsilver wrote:
I find myself very tempted to import the Blu-Rays of Serial Experiments Lain and Haibane Renmei, but I keep getting this nagging feeling that as soon as I do, Funimation will announce their Blu-Ray releases of them.

You heard it here first, folks: It's all my fault that they aren't yet available in North America on Blu-ray Laughing

I feel the same way. I absolutely effing adore Haibane Renmei, and I've wanted to import the BD for so long, even though I heard the quality was shite. But like you said, I'm sure as soon as I clicked "place order," Funi would FINALLY get the "materials" from Geneon Universal and put out all that stuff (including the rest of Black Lagoon, Hellsing Ultimate, Shana,etc).
Norbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:44 am Reply with quote
gsilver wrote:

You BASTARD!!!!

I really, really, really want Serial Experiments Lain, Haibane Renmei along with the Hellsing OVA's on blu-ray.

The god of Funimation Releases please grant my wish.

peace
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:00 pm Reply with quote
gsilver wrote:
...I keep getting this nagging feeling that as soon as I do, Funimation will announce their Blu-Ray releases of them.

Perhaps you missed the first post of this thread? FUNimation seems, of late, to be doing more announcing than actually distributing the titles they announce.

I'm still waiting for Strike Witches 2.

I'm trying to remain patient, but every time I see one of those "We're working on it..." emails from TRSI, it just re-ignites my anger all over again.

I know it's not FUNi's fault, but it's still not pleasant to have to wait for something I purchased months ago.
Evil or Very Mad
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:21 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if these have always been up since I don't visit the site that often, but Funimation is streaming the first two episodes of Index for Elite Members. If it is new, that's good news for the Geneon stuff.
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:09 pm Reply with quote
And it looks like the have INDEX II if the listed copyright is correct.
Quote:
© KAZUMA KAMACHI/ASCII MEDIA WORKS/PROJECT-INDEX © KAZUMA KAMACHI / ASCII MEDIA WORKS / PROJECT- INDEX Ⅱ. Licensed by FUNimation® Productions, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.

EDIT: via FUNimation Facebook page
Quote:
Actually, both seasons of Index are under the same copyright. That's why the copyright looks like that on the page. We don't have season 2.

Last edited by WTK on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Xanas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Interesting, I hope they will release something this year from Geneon, preferably Shana II and then Index, as I've been waiting like an idiot for Shana II rather than watching a subbed version.
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:19 pm Reply with quote
UK Anime Network is reporting that Manga UK has Baka and Test Season 2 slated for a July 9th DVD release.

Does this mean that the FUNimation release is forthcoming (perhaps as soon as July)?
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:55 am Reply with quote
Mesonoxian Eve wrote:

I'm still waiting for Strike Witches 2.

I've preordered this one recently through Amazon. It''ll probably be canceled by them at some point but the target date is December 31, 2012 so some time this year. Maybe?

Now that I look at my order, it's weird. My preorder lock price is 30 dollars for the Blu-Ray limited combo {Hey, they posted it and I responded} and now it's gone back to what it should be. I hope it doesn't get cancelled.

And now I've jinxed myself...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 20