• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: No Live Action DBZ from Fox

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IvanRosalba

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:08 pm Reply with quote

Would be great ? Shocked

If Fox do this DBZ Movie meaby just be like another project in the big Hollywood list, up the_soultaker say it, Fox got lucky with the X-men movies and many others ( i remember The He-Man Movie ) but there is some kind of moviez, in where is easy act like the actor is the draw is a comic very close to a person, but in this case about DBZ they got one kind of design complete different to adjust into a normal person, so i think, will cut be easy do only a few characters like is the Piccolo or Dende, the humans: Bulma, krillin, Tien, Yamcha and the clothes of the great saiyaman looks be easy to do for an actor, however, the more difficult here in the others characters is the hair and meaby the eyes, but if i remember street figther with Van Damme was fine without uses many computer like in the Hulk, but in this times the computer effects are very useful to do a movie.

So only we need wait to see what they can do if it's possible... But i'm sure in a few time will be in the theather some movie in where this is a guy screaming and changing the color of his hair from black to the gold yellow Twisted Evil .
Animefan16

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:21 pm Reply with quote
The Street Fighter movie sucked. Why was Gyle the main character?
frostedsaiyan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Animefan16 wrote:
The Street Fighter movie sucked. Why was Gyle the main character?

He wasn't really the main character, its just that they got lucky and got Jean Claude Van Dam to play him. Ken and Ryu were shown a lot...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Animefan16 wrote:
Gyle

That's Guile.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Alucard055

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:24 am Reply with quote
No Live Action DBZ from Fox?!?! thats great! Fox would have ruined DBZ if they made that movie
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:30 am Reply with quote
Alucard055 wrote:
No Live Action DBZ from Fox?!?! thats great! Fox would have ruined DBZ if they made that movie

Or greatly improved it. The anime's far from perfect, and I could think of dozens of ways that they could make a version that would easily surpass it (stopping at the Freezer Arc and increasing the pacing of the story being two big ones right off).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:37 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:

The anime's far from perfect, and I could think of dozens of ways that they could make a version that would easily surpass it

Flaws! Flaws you say!

Of course they could improve upon it, if they didn't 3/4 of the movie would be Goku powering up to reach Super Saiyan 75,000,000, since it seems he can get infinitely stronger as the situation demands.

(For those of you who think DBZ is great, I'm not bashing it, just poking a bit of fun)
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:58 am Reply with quote
Alucard055 wrote:

Then you'll be unhappy to hear that this information turned out being wrong and the movie's still on.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:45 am Reply with quote
Alucard055 wrote:

How could Fox ruin a 40-episode "Hey, let's figure out how to kill Superpowerful Villan of the moment by thinking this thru 35 Episodes, only to solve it with a 3 Episode Power Up Spirit Bomb, and then a 2 Episode show of that Spirit Bomb finally reaching it's target and killin' it" arc?

If anything, Fox would at least make it look bearable than it already is. And this from a bonafide hater of anything Dragonball!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8