• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast Holiday Special The Third: Part One

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dewlwieldthedarpachief

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:30 am Reply with quote
Zac, Justin, I love the ANNCast! I'd be a pretty sad panda without it, so thank you both and all of your guests for one of my favourite podcasts period.
Whats_Ur_Name

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Zac, Justin, I usually agree with you guys, but I have to respectfully disagree with you on one point. 2011 was a tough year for the anime industry, but it was a fantastic year for anime. So many fantastic anime came out this year, and even though we've had some bad apples (R-15) this was probably the best year for anime since 2008, maybe even 2004. I can't list off all the notable anime on this post so I'll just link you to one that will @ http://bit.ly/ANIME2011
It was also a big year for me, as I watched a ton of anime, but because I'm a scumbag, I torrented some of the anime that didn't come out legally. Which is sad, as some of the best stuff that came out this year was not available legally.
But regardless, my top 5 anime for this year (In no particular order)

Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Probably one of the best anime I have ever seen, It has fantastic music (I frequently listen to the soundtrack on a regular basis) It is visually arresting, and the ending is masterful. The highest praise I can give though, Is that I'm buying the limited edition blu-rays (Which costs $300).
And I never pay that kind of money for a show.

Mawaru Penguindrum
This was the first Ikuhara show I've seen, and I was greatly impressed. So much that I watched several episodes 3 or 4 times, and as a result, I also checked out Utena, which along with Penguindrum, proceeded to break my entire perceptions of Art and quality.
So yeah, It's pretty good.

Steins;Gate
Every episode is better than the last, and It has fantastic characters, which makes it all the more heartbreaking when the fan suddenly starts spreading around human excrement.

C: The Money Of Soul And Possibility: CONTROL
It's a fantastic satire of the stock market, and It is very relevant to the economic crisis we're in. It also IMHO, has a fantastic, and yet depressing ending.

GAMBLING APOCALYPSE KAIJI, SUFFERING PARIAH, THE ULTIMATE SURVIVOR: SEASON 2
It's the most riveting drama I've seen...well since the last season of Kaiji, It's a roller coaster ride of emotions, one moment it's exhilarating, and the next it's horrifically excruciating (But not in the bad way) and It has awesome, blood pumping music, and the most depressing ending of the year (Again, not in the bad way).
ashez2ashes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:48 am Reply with quote
With the least amount of spoilers, can someone tell me what's creepy about the Usagi Drop ending? I haven't seen the anime but I've been buying the manga and now I'm kind of worried and wondering if I should drop it... She doesn't grow up to marry her dad or something does she? Rolling Eyes
Shenl742

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:51 am Reply with quote
ashez2ashes wrote:
With the least amount of spoilers, can someone tell me what's creepy about the Usagi Drop ending? I haven't seen the anime but I've been buying the manga and now I'm kind of worried and wondering if I should drop it... She doesn't grow up to marry her dad or something does she? Rolling Eyes

....spoiler[Yes]

No real way to parse it. As far as "totally justifiable spoilers" go, this is definately one
ashez2ashes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Shenl742 wrote:
ashez2ashes wrote:

....spoiler[Yes]

No real way to parse it. As far as "totally justifiable spoilers" go, this is definately one

Ugh. I can't believe it went there. It didn't seem like that kind of series. Well, that's one less series to spend my money on. Anime, why must you keep disapointing me? I did a quick search to confirm it and came across tons of fans saying how brilliant of an ending it is... Mad Yuck. Can you sick $%%^& just stay out of my fandom please? Or maybe I just need to leave or something... If the nutters have taken over the nuthouse maybe its just time for the regular folks to leave.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5