• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[AU] anime releases not licensed/released in N. America

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:28 am Reply with quote
Oh wow, Magnetic Rose on Blu-Ray. I'm very curious how that looks. I'm sure it'll be much better than the crappy DVD release that I have anyway.
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:40 pm Reply with quote
https://www.facebook.com/sirenvisual/posts/816899711707206
Quote:
Announcement time! Siren Visual is very pleased to announce that we will be releasing the highly regarded series Nodame Cantabile in 2015.

Set in a college music conservatory, Nodame Cantabile tells the story of a prodigious yet neurotic classical music composer named Chiaki. Regarded as the next big orchestra conductor, he remains trapped in Japan due to a lifelong fear of air travel. Enter Nodame, a talented pianist who immediately falls in love with Chiaki and shows him there’s more to life than musical notation.

Long regarded as one of the best of the noitaminA programs, Nodame Cantabile has enjoyed a strong following amongst connoisseurs of anime with many praising it for its attention of detail, strong character development and depth of emotion. Simply put, Nodame Cantabile is a as superb series for those looking for something mature and inspiring.

Previously only available as a (since deleted) collection of Hong Kong DVDs, Siren will be releasing the complete first series as a complete set early in 2015. Watch this space!

http://youtu.be/gfZh80kZm3g
Crisha

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:18 am Reply with quote
Well, damn.

Siren Visual once again proving they're Boss-Tier in terms of license announcements. You guys are the reason I ended up buying a region-free bluray player.

Also, I will sign a contract to hand over my first born if that'd get you to consider licensing Kyousougiga. Children not your thing? Okay, so I'll swear an oath of my unwavering devotion. Too incorporeal? Well, I'll chop off my pinkie finger and send it in the mail to prove my devotion. Too morbid? Well, gee guys, you make this difficult for me. Wink

But, really, I'd love you forever and ever if you got Kyousougiga.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:36 am Reply with quote
Oh wow, I already have the HK set for the first season but I would love to pick up Pari-hen and Finale from Siren Visual if they license those later. Glad to see such a stellar series will be more available to English speaking fans.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:04 am Reply with quote
I don't think that a licensing announcement has ever made me this happy Very Happy I've been waiting for someone to license Nodame Cantabile for a very long time now.
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:13 am Reply with quote
Between that and Chihayafuru (which I still need to get) that makes me very happy.
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
You've been very good this year... to us at least!

We'd like to repay you for having shopped with us online this year by giving you 20% off everything* on madman.com.au!
Your 20% OFF discount code is:

XMAS2014

Your code expires Dec 14, 2014 at midnight.
Shop Now!

Love Madman.

DISCLAIMER: * While stocks last. Minimum order $20. Excludes BBC, Universal & pre-order titles. Discount does not apply to items that are on sale. Your discount code expires midnight 14th December 2014.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:09 pm Reply with quote
^ I got all excited thinking it was a Siren Visual sale, ah well Chihayafuru part 2 will have to wait.
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:41 pm Reply with quote
https://www.facebook.com/sirenvisual/photos/a.145118128885371.31514.137979919599192/830954863635024/?type=1&permPage=1
Quote:
ALRIGHT! HERE WE GO...

Hope you guys are having a great Christmas break and keeping well after yesterday. Let's keep the good times rolling along with a whopping 30% OFF EVERYTHING in the Siren Webstore!

JAN2015 is the code to use from now until the end of January. Merry Christmas!

On top of THAT, we've also permanently discounted select titles:

MONSTER Volumes 1 to 5 are now $34.95 each
DURARARA!! Season One Box is now $60.00 (not many left!)
Samurai/Ayakashi Horror Tales - $34.95
Mononoke - $34.95
Kaiba - $34.95
Tatami Galaxy - $34.95
Welcome to Irabu's Office - $34.95
X (Complete Series) - $44.95

...and yes, you can also use the JAN2015 discount code on top of these new prices!

You may notice that some images aren't appearing on the Siren Visual website. Don't stress - all is fine, it just looks a little...'odd'. We're busy working on a new site which we'll be launching early in the New Year, but the old one still works (it's just a little rusty)...

Happy New Year!
Crisha

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:55 am Reply with quote
^From now until the end of January? Mr. Green Mr. Green

Oh man, the spending is real for November, December, and January. Reeeaaaal gooooooood.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Ordering Chihayafuru Part 2. Wish I could order Nodame too but my rule is one Australian import per sale.

However no matter how many times I order from Siren Visual I have an issue with my debit/credit card. Keep telling my bank to put them on the safe list but it never seems to get solved.

I never have an issue with any other international dealers. Maybe it is because they are under the name Trojan Horse which sounds ominous.
WTK

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:20 pm Reply with quote
https://www.facebook.com/sirenvisual/posts/853452058051971
Quote:
Yes, even Siren has been affected by the crazed North Korean regime.The hack attack on Sony that was aimed at stopping the release of the "assassination comedy", The Interview, has also had repercussions regarding the release dates for both the bluray version of MEMORIES and the release of NODAME CANTABILE.We have only now re-established communication with Sony,after the hacking of all their systems on 24/11/14.All email communication with them was impossible whilst they sorted out the numerous effects of the "killer regimes" hack attack.

Once we have received the necessary materials,to proceed with both releases,the dates will be announced!
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:38 am Reply with quote
Siren Visual sale ending soon.

Kaiba (http://sirenvisual.com.au/Product/402.php) and Welcome to Irabu's Office (http://sirenvisual.com.au/Product/390.php) have dropped to AUD $19.95 before 30% off coupon.
noblesse oblige

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:48 am Reply with quote
Hey WTK, would you mind updating the OP? Mononoke was released by Cinedigm in the US quite a few months back, so we can remove it from the list of "unlicensed in NA" Siren releases.

Cinedigm is kind of a mystery to me at this point. Up till now they had only licensed Digimon, so something like Mononoke was completely unexpected. I wonder if they will end up licensing any of the other noitamina shows that aren't available in North America?
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:31 am Reply with quote
^ Still haven't got around to updating the first post. Will try to that in near future.

---

https://www.facebook.com/sirenvisual/posts/877352178995292
Quote:
ALRIGHT!

SOMETHING WONDERFUL...

We've heard your pleas since our January sale, so how about a whopping 40% off everything in the Siren webstore for 48 hours starting this weekend?

Hold on to your wallet and get ready!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 20 of 23