• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Chibi Vampire GN 10

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:44 am Reply with quote
One of my favorite manga series currently going. I really thought this volume worked well on both fleshing out the backstory and advancing the future of the plot.
Animehermit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:52 am Reply with quote
Vampires and Romance

/sigh
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:39 pm Reply with quote
you almost make it sound like the manga was based off the anime, but didn't the manga come first?
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:41 pm Reply with quote
I started reading Chibi Vampire after Karin was stopped back at volume 3, back in the day. It turned out to be a fun way to continue on with an anime series that has thankfully been continued on again.

Key is spot on with the review of GN 10. It is a very charming series and it is one of the few manga that I consistently read cover to cover in one sitting. It's an easy read and Karin's trials and tribulations bring a smile to my face.
Ari-chan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:40 pm Reply with quote
I am pleased with this reveiw. I really liked this volume too since it both furthered the plot and told more about the characters. Next one should be fun too, being Anju centric. Definitly one of my favorite manga series right now.

animehermit wrote:
Vampires and Romance

/sigh

Oh be quiet!
RelentlessFury

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:41 pm Reply with quote
I agree for the most part with the reveiw, though I feel that it deserves better. There are plenty of people out there who love vampires, but how many stories revolve around a half-vampire? In this aspect, it is unique.
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:46 pm Reply with quote
RelentlessFury wrote:
I agree for the most part with the reveiw, though I feel that it deserves better. There are plenty of people out there who love vampires, but how many stories revolve around a half-vampire? In this aspect, it is unique.

Vampire Hunter D immediatly comes to mind.
Animehermit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:51 pm Reply with quote
RelentlessFury wrote:

Its actually quite common,Bloodrayne is a Half-vampire as is Blade. Look up Dhampir on wikipedia for more half-vampires.
Ari-chan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:15 pm Reply with quote
RelentlessFury wrote:

I wouldn't say the half-vampire concept is unique, but Karin's execussion of it is. Especially considering the fact that Karin is not a half-vampire. She is simply defective. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1