• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Croisée in a Foreign Labyrinth - The Animation

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:09 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
No fanservice, no release?

Depends on what kind of release you're talking about.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:57 am Reply with quote
fuuma_monou wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
No fanservice, no release?

Depends on what kind of release you're talking about.

Not the blue-balled one. Laughing
msgundam2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:33 am Reply with quote
It was boring in a few pats but I did enjoy it. I really want to know were Claude and Camille relationship is going.
neocloud9

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
Quote:
At the time of this writing, no plans for a DVD and/or Blu-Ray release have yet been announced.

Quote:
Digital distribution of Croisée in a Foreign Labyrinth - The Animation will begin through The Anime Network on Tuesday, July 26, with a home video release of the 12 episodes to follow next year.

Source: animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2011-07-21/sentai-filmworks-announces-license-of-croisee-in-a-foreign-labyrinth-the-animation

AFAIK, every anime licensd by Sentai for simulcast includes DVD/BD release.

Oh, good. I'd been planning on buying this one, I was gonna be disappointed if I suddenly couldn't! Glad it was just a misunderstanding. Smile
TG72

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:31 pm Reply with quote
I thoroughly enjoyed Croisee. It didn't take long to get interested in the characters and the detail given to the Paris scenery was very well done. Aoi Yuki playing Alice (the original otaku!) was a treat.
Saturn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:48 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed the show at first but then I started to get worried that Claude and Yune were going to be an item so I stopped watching >_> If they don't end up that way, I will try it again Smile
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Yune is so disgustingly cute that whoever invents a machine to bottle it will make billions. Really, she makes snuggling kittens look average.

This was one show that I looked forward to watching every week. Such a delightful series.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Saturn wrote:
I enjoyed the show at first but then I started to get worried that Claude and Yune were going to be an item so I stopped watching >_> If they don't end up that way, I will try it again Smile

That would be the safest option for Yune. If Claude marries another girl, Yune will be chucked out onto the cold streets of Paris.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Macron One wrote:
I don't think there's any reason to worry yet, considering the last volume of the Japanese release won't even be out until next February. It certainly wouldn't be unusual if Sentai had to hold off on their Croisee release until about 3 to 6 months after the Japanese DVD/BD release wraps up.

Point taken. I had not expected that the series hadn't finished its DVD release in Japan yet.

Still, it seems like an unlikely candidate for a DVD release. I have the impression that their other recent period piece - Night Raid 1931 - hasn't done well, so I wouldn't be too surprised if Sentai decides that it's not worth releasing on DVD. I certainly don't expect it to be dubbed even if it is.

Also keep in mind that most of Sentai's simulcasts have waited nearly a year from start of the simulcast to DVD release. I have very little doubt they will release this one as I don't think they would have sprung for home video rights to just sit on them. Though like you I don't hold out much hope for a dub or bluray.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this show. It had a very nice, mellow atmosphere. The general tone of the show reminded me a lot of Aria. I would love to see more seasons of it.
Prede

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:26 am Reply with quote
Great review Theron. I'm currently watching this show and loving it. I am a huge fan of the time period, and the east meets west theme is always interesting. Yune as a character is adorable!! And Oscar is a great character, such a fine french gentleman. A lot of research went into this show, and it shows. Still no surprise it's barely talked about, low key period pieces like this aren't exactly everyone's favorite type of show...shame really, as it is quite excellent. Kind of like To Heart in 19th century Paris, without any moe tropes. Any and all of the conflict is not that serious, and almost seems created so something happens, at yet I'm not annoyed.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Love this series and before this article I was under the impression that a home video release was already promised. If it doesn't happen I will be extremely disappointed.

Anyways I loved how Croisee took a very humanistic approach to its storyline with characters from different cultures & classes having positive interactions.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2