• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime on Cartoon Network

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Naruto_86 wrote:
Is this only in the US or all over the world?

Only in the US. The Cartoon Networks in every country are different.

As for when it'll actually show in Australia, that wait could be anywhere from now to eternity, there's just no way of knowing. However FUNi does have a pretty good presence down there so you may still find the DVDs available (unless you're against paying for anime as your little fansub tirade would suggest).

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
.Spike.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:32 am Reply with quote
...when it come to Anime Cartoon Network sucks beleave it or not because it hardly has any anime at all it does'nt have FF: Unlimited or Wild Arms or Star Ocean or Love Hina or Gungrave or any other.
Naruto_86

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:52 am Reply with quote
Thank you all for the feedback. Maybe i could download the original FMA from Japan. I dont really like the dubbed versions only subbed versions. Maybe someone might know and maybe tell me. If not its alright. And about the FMA dvds being released, thats in america and by the time it comes out in Australia i will be 50 years old in retirement. I am 18 btw so yeh. It will take a seriously long time for it to come half the world around to Australia. Wait. Sorry about the last sentence. I just remembered you said distribution in Australia. Sorry. Couldnt be bother erasing it. Thank you anywas. Razz Razz
Naruto_86

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:56 am Reply with quote
Sorry for writing twice. But i saw some information i wanted to discuss on. I understand about bring animes out as DVDs but they take so long and also i hate the dubbed versions. I like the original Japanese language version. In other words subbed. They should make DVDs that are dubbed and maybe leave fansubs for people who like it subbed not dubbed. Getting my drift. Well thats my opinion...so yeh....
Sarki-Kun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:26 am Reply with quote
Naruto_86 wrote:
It will take a seriously long time for it to come half the world around to Australia.

There's not an especific reason, unless Australian companies aren't so interested in new animes. In fact, the Only-Australian companies are supposed to be richer than American or Canadian. But, I never been there and I don't know how much different is. Anyways, I guess that a serie like FMA won't be unlicensed more than 2 years...
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:39 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
The Cartoon Networks in every country are different.

No two networks are not on fire. (Sorry. Couldn't resist.)

Since Australian programming has been on US TV, it may not be too long until Australia gets (more) US TV.
Big Towers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:19 am Reply with quote
The DVDs FUNimation will release are going to be Uncut, and Bilingual (English and Unedited Japanese Audio) with English subtitles for Japanese Audio. .They are coming out around January 2005. The Madman version, which will come out roughly two months after the first Volume come out in the US, will be PAL versions of the FUNimation discs. Ergo, basically the same. So no, no need to take it to such extremes. Usually, most of the time, Anime on DVD will come with an unaltered Japanese Audio track and English subtitles. Most Madman Anime DVDs contain these also.
one3rd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:32 am Reply with quote
Naruto_86 wrote:
Sorry for writing twice. But i saw some information i wanted to discuss on. I understand about bring animes out as DVDs but they take so long and also i hate the dubbed versions. I like the original Japanese language version. In other words subbed. They should make DVDs that are dubbed and maybe leave fansubs for people who like it subbed not dubbed. Getting my drift. Well thats my opinion...so yeh....

You know most anime DVDs are released with both Japanese and English audio right?
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:14 pm Reply with quote
.Spike. wrote:
...when it come to Anime Cartoon Network sucks beleave it or not because it hardly has any anime at all it does'nt have FF: Unlimited or Wild Arms or Star Ocean or Love Hina or Gungrave or any other.

They probably don't carry those titles because most of them suck. I mean, Final Fantasy Unlimited, Love Hina, Gungrave...yeah. I shouldn't have to say any more.

They're doing better than everyone else in terms of offering a wide variety of anime, right now. The only channel that currently shows a wider library of titles is owned by an anime distribution company and has yet to truly go nationwide, so I don't see why you're complaining. Hardly has any anime at all? Yeah, because only carrying Detective Conan, Trigun, Alexander Senki, Cowboy Bebop, Big O, Wolf's Rain, Inu-Yasha, Witch Hunter Robin, Kikaider, Kikaider 01, Groove Adventure Rave, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Lupin III, Mobile Suit Gundam SEED, SD Gundam, FLCL, The Animatrix, Yuu Yuu Hakusho, Blue Gender, and soon Ghost in the Shell: Stand-Alone Complex, Full Metal Alchemist, and Read or Die is an extremely limited collection of titles. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4