• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Space pirate anime?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leon Evolon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:28 am Reply with quote
samuraiwalt wrote:
Wouldn't Outlaw Star qualify as space bounty hunters since the main characters were bounty hunters and not pirates? I assume you've seen the OS spin off Angel Links.

Yes, the main characters are bounty hunters, but most of their encounters are with space pirates.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EricDent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Ah yes, Space Pirate Mito (I knew it started with M) thanks for that info!

Did the sequel ever come to the USA? I saw the first episode of the first show, and it was interesting. I know Media Blasters did a box of the Mito series recently (or it's coming soon), so I might pick it up.
Kelly

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:56 pm Reply with quote
sk1199 wrote:
Would a series like Last Exile qualify as a pirate adventure?

Thinking about it, I'd say that Alex and his crew, who together make up roughly half of the main cast, are probably technically privateers - that is to say legally sanctioned pirates. So the series does have space pirate elements to it, although that's only one part of a bigger picture in the same way that a series about the Battle of New Orleans and the events leading up to it wouldn't be a pirate series just because Jean Laffitte and company were part of the main cast.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:58 pm Reply with quote
The show that came to mind on reading the thread title was Sol BIanca (the original series more than The Legacy). The main cast are female space pirates. however the original series was never finished and I believe is no longer available in the US. The remake wasn't as good IMO (doesn't help that I can't remember it all that well) but, while t is a "lost" Geneon series it is probably a lot easier to find.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
manuelRN

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:35 pm Reply with quote
EricDent wrote:
Ah yes, Space Pirate Mito (I knew it started with M) thanks for that info!

Did the sequel ever come to the USA? I saw the first episode of the first show, and it was interesting. I know Media Blasters did a box of the Mito series recently (or it's coming soon), so I might pick it up.

Aoi and Mutsuki - Someone mentioned it earlier. It came out last year on DVD.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2