• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Code Geass: Over One Million Discs Served

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Awod

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:03 pm Reply with quote
The ending rocked though.~
vision33r

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:24 am Reply with quote
Code Geass is one of the few ingenius animes next to Death Note and actually surpasses it in execution.

Death Note was severely flawed towards the middle, but Code Geass is successful because it left tons of cliff hangers and the planners was very ingenious at creating the twists and turns.

Compare to TV animes of the past two seasons, what anime has lived up to Code Geass in terms of story, execution, and artwork?

Bleach? Terrible fillers, same goes with Naruto.

Macross Frontier was a good challenge but a lot of inconsistent artwork, poor story telling, and rush content towards the end didn't match up to Code Geass.

Code Geass has great character developments, artwork, and not caught up in huge mecha showdowns like Gundam.
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:00 am Reply with quote
Goodpenguin wrote:
For whatever it's worth ChocoBar, I nominate you as 'Poster of the Day' for being that rarest of commodities, a 'Code Geass' fan who can articulate his/her enjoyment of it's over-the-top crowd pleasing elements while also admitting it's a pretty brain-dead show.

You were being sarcastic, right? ChocoBar's opinion of enjoying the show but admitting that it's intellectual crap is the very same as that of just about every other Code Geass "fan" that I've encountered on the internet. Rolling Eyes

I agree with Kaioshin_Sama. If you compare the plot of this series with that of almost any other anime out there, you'll find that it's rich with innovative twists and that it actually respects the viewer's intellect. What viewers would deem acceptable in a more generic title is trumpeted as plotholes in R2, just because R2 isn't based on any absurd pre-established formula.

If you're going to argue that R2 has been given a fair chance, consider that people on the internet have been singing "trainwreck" straight since episode 1. No story is flawless, and if someone is that determined to find fault with anything, they'll obviously find it.

Realism? You're watching Code Geass for realism? That one pretty much flew out the window the moment Lelouch gained the power to miraculously make anyone follow his command. Or did you seriously believe he did that by releasing a swarm of nano robots from his retina to alter the cerebral structure of his opponent? I think, given its premise, Code Geass came to a logical conclusion that was well within expected parameters for "realism".
ConanSan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:38 am Reply with quote
melonbread wrote:
Conan-san wrote:
prime_pm wrote:
Still only two episodes a disc, I noticed. You'd think with Blu-Ray...
Oh this is japan, I'm suprised they didn't start shiping ONE episode a disc at double the DVD price.

And why should they not? The Japanese obviously have the money to pay for such releases, hence these figures.

People forget that anime is an incredibly expensive venture, VERY expensive, especially when the market its aimed at is very small.

Anime is vastly devalued in America and outside Japan, so why should you complain about what's happening in another market? You get anime at steal prices.
So, wait, your aproving such actions? What kind of...?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3